Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Man stabbed another to "see what it felt like"

A Wisconsin man is accused of stabbing a Minnesota man on Christmas because he wanted "to see what it felt like."

Twenty-nine-year-old Nicholas Leigh Tretter of River Falls, Wis. was charged Tuesday with second-degree assault. The Star Tribune says he was jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.

A Hennepin County court official says no attorney was listed for Tretter ahead of a scheduled court appearance Wednesday afternoon.

Prosecutors say Tretter followed the man off a Minneapolis bus Friday. As the man walked away, Tretter allegedly ran up and stabbed him from behind, continuing to stab him as he collapsed.
    More at the link
    Minn. Stabbing Allegedly Out Of Curiosity - wcco.com
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    WARNING....WARNING...This kind of behavior is prototypical of a budding SERIAL KILLER. I have seen it before and you will want to keep track of this piece of trash as you will NO DOUBT be seeng his work again.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

APA
    APA is offline Insomniac
    Verified LEO
    Maybe he was upset over how the last episode of Dexter ended. I know it pissed me off, but then again I didn't stab anybody either.

Bama512 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Damn, multiple stab wounds and the guy just gets assault 2nd? What does he have to do to get an assault 1st charge up there?

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama512 View Post
    Damn, multiple stab wounds and the guy just gets assault 2nd? What does he have to do to get an assault 1st charge up there?

2nd Degree Assault is an assault with a deadly weapon (gun, knife, beer bottle, scissors, baseball bat, anything that can be, or was used as a weapon)

1st Degree assault would be causing "great bodily harm" to another. Great bodily harm is harm that creates a high probability of death, loss of a limb, organ, or body part, or loss of use of a limb, organ, or limb. (ex- Being stabbed in the back resulting in the loss of use or removal of a kidney, or being stabbed in the hand and having the hand amputated).

So the stab wounds likely didn't do much damage to his body.

We also have substantial bodily harm (3rd deg assault) which is causing a temporary disfigurement or impairment of a bodily function, organ, or limb (like a broken bone).
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Hopefully he'll see what it feels like to be incarcerated for a good long time.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    WARNING....WARNING...This kind of behavior is prototypical of a budding SERIAL KILLER. I have seen it before and you will want to keep track of this piece of trash as you will NO DOUBT be seeing his work again.

Car 4
    At least he had the capacity to turn himself in. Hopefully the authorities will keep this sicko locked up so that he won't reoffend.

If he really wanted to know what it felt like, why didn't he just stab himself? self-preservation?

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    Hopefully he'll see what it feels like to be incarcerated for a good long time.
    Works for me.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Ya know, it was probably a fight over farve/vikings/packers. People are crazy in this state
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Thread Information