Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Magnum440 is offline Older Than Dirt
    Verified LEO

On the Lighthearted Side

Wonder if the MC Officer had a quota? Since the person cited was a medicine woman, she might put a mojo on him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060410/...woman_ticketed
    Facta non verba
    "The good Lord set definite limits on man's wisdom, but set no limits on his stupidity and that's not fair!" Konrad Adenauer,

hdwideglide95 is offline Stone Cold
    I don't like to judge other officers actions when I'm not on the scene, but at face value, this seems like very bad judgement.
    Be careful whose feet you step on today, they may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

26Trainer is offline Master Officer
    The ticket should be dismissed! That was someone's mother he wrote a ticket to and she could hardly walk...she should go to the scooter store and get a set of wheels.

Heck 20 seconds to cross 5 lanes.....kinda short time for even an ablebodied person to cross. The poor old lady is probably crying herself to sleep over the $114.00 ticket. She will probably have to eat cat food for the next month to make up for the loss.
    "This flag, which we honor and under which we serve, is the emblem of our unity, our power, our thought and purpose as a nation. It has no other character than that which we give it from generation to generation." Woodrow Wilson, 1917

Prometheus is offline Senior Member
    Wow, a 20 second light! The friggin' lights around here take 60 - 120 seconds! I HATE getting caught at red lights.
    "Look, just give me some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with you!"

Roses is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 26Trainer
    The ticket should be dismissed! That was someone's mother he wrote a ticket to and she could hardly walk...she should go to the scooter store and get a set of wheels.

Heck 20 seconds to cross 5 lanes.....kinda short time for even an ablebodied person to cross. The poor old lady is probably crying herself to sleep over the $114.00 ticket. She will probably have to eat cat food for the next month to make up for the loss.
    "I can go halfway, then the light changes," said Edith Krause, 78, who uses an electric cart because she has difficulty walking.

On Friday, the light changed too quickly even for high school students to make it across without running. It went from green to red in 20 seconds.

Councilwoman Wendy Greuel said she has asked transportation officials to figure out how to accommodate elderly people.

"We should look at those areas with predominantly seniors and accommodate their needs in intersections" she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060410/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-
    I'm not sure a scooter would have gotten her across before the light changed again. According to the article a 78 year old woman used an electric cart to cross this 5 lane highway and only made it half way across before the light changed. It doesn't state how fast she was going. You don't want scooters or electric carts to go too fast. They can easily tip over or knock into someone else.

The article said even high school students weren't able to cross the road before the light changed. I have to wonder how long it takes for young elementary children to cross the road.
    http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1369/rosekdrosetransp9fk2eb.gif

A Smile

A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.

It enriches those who receive it,
    without making poorer those who give.
    It takes but a moment, but the memory
    of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he
    can get along without it,
    and none is so poor but that
    he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
    fosters goodwill in business,
    and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary,
    cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,
    and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,
    or stolen, for it is something that is of no
    value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
    Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
    so much as he who has no more to give.

- author unknown

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Just another old woman tryn' to scam the system. I bet if it was picking up a bingo prize, she'd have been across the street in seconds flat!

Seriously, it doesn't sound like there was a lot of discreation used. I'd be embarassed if I was the officer in question.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith758
    Seriously, it doesn't sound like there was a lot of discreation used. I'd be embarassed if I was the officer in question.

But who wants to guess how much pressure he was under from the bosses to write cites for that?

pmfc is offline ^
    Quote Originally Posted by 26Trainer

Rep owed.

I hope that ticket gets dismissed, or someone helps her out financially. Cat food? I can't stand the smell of the stuff, especially canned (wet) cat food.

Thread Information