Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Talking Sometimes It Does Snow in Alabama.

Cocaine found on the side of the road in Harpersville | Breaking News from The Birmingham News - al.com

Cocaine found on the side of the road in Harpersville

By Carol Robinson -- The Birmingham News

January 15, 2010, 9:07AM

Scales at the Harpersville Police Department weigh a suspected bag of cocaine found along a roadside in a box. (Special/Harpersville Police Department)It's amazing what shows up on the side of the road these days.

Old tires. Dead dogs.

In Harpersville Thursday, it was more than a half kilogram of powdered cocaine.

"I haven't seen that much dope since I left south Florida," Harpersville Police Chief David Latimer said this morning.

A curious motorist spotted a cardboard box along County Road 85 in the Creswell Community Thursday and stopped.

When he peeked inside, he got scared and headed straight for the Harpersville Police Department, with the box in tow.

"I was sitting by myself in the office," said Latimer. "He was scared to death when he walked in."

"It's a good thing he didn't get stopped on the way," the chief said, " because I'm not sure anybody would have bought his story."

Latimer said he knew immediately what he had.

To be sure, he hid the box in a police department locker and set loose the department's drug-sniffing dog. The canine immediately ferreted out the drugs, Latimer said.

Police then used a field test kit on the powdered substance and it yielded results positive for cocaine.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    Maybe it fell out of someone's truck as they headed to Cape Canaveral, FL...

Thar She Blows: Cocaine Found at NASA

FOXNews.com - Thar She Blows: Cocaine Found at NASA
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    A curious motorist spotted a cardboard box along County Road 85 in the Creswell Community Thursday and stopped.

When he peeked inside, he got scared and headed straight for the Harpersville Police Department, with the box in tow.

"I was sitting by myself in the office," said Latimer. "He was scared to death when he walked in."

"It's a good thing he didn't get stopped on the way," the chief said, " because I'm not sure anybody would have bought his story."

"No, really, I found it on the side of the road! Really!!!!"

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

"No, really, I found it on the side of the road! Really!!!!"

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I get curious about trash on the side of the road all the time.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information