Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

US embassy apologizes to leftist Spanish politician who is angry that the FBI used his image to help create wanted poster showing how Osama Bin Laden might look now

The FBI used a photograph of a Spanish lawmaker as part of a digitally enhanced Osama bin Laden wanted poster, and the U.S. Embassy here has apologized to the angry politician, a spokesman said. "That was not normal procedure. It was completely unintentional and the FBI is looking into it to prevent it from happening again," U.S. Embassy spokesman Will Ostick told CNN on Saturday.
    Ostick said he called the leftist politician, Gaspar Llamazares, to "express regret" on behalf of the embassy after the lawmaker's hair and forehead wrinkles, taken from a photo, were mixed into an FBI image showing the possible appearance of Bin Laden now.
    The embassy received various calls from the Spanish government earlier Saturday expressing concern about the use of Llamazares's features in the FBI's depiction, Ostick said.

January 17, 2010 10:41 a.m. EST

The FBI-altered image of Osama bin Laden on the left borrows the hairline and forehead of Spanish politician Gaspar Llamazares on the right.

More here: FBI angers politician whose image was used to show older Bin Laden - CNN.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    WHAT? Nobody interested in how this spanish politician found out his photo had been used?

You could hardly have deduced it from the photo...intersting back story here boys and girls. Wonder what the real deal is?

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How about...Wow, look at that. Glad I could help out. On the other hand, I'm with you Car4.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information