Welcome to the APBWeb.
    cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Man who shot at police refuses to take meds

An inmate facing 7 felony charges and who shot at a police officer refuses to take his anti-psychotic meds.

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/article/20100129/MNH0101/301290070/1732&loca...

I know how to get him to take the meds....do what they do to other dangerous animals...use a dart gun to deliver the meds.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This happens all to often. There is no way, aside from 24 hr a day monitoring to ensure people take the meds they are supposed to take. The side effects are often times relayed as to the reason the meds are not taken and when they do not it is only a matter of time that law enforcement will come into contact with such persons. The problem with the whole situation is that the experiences that psyc patients have are so very real to them. Often times we are percieved as much a threat to them as they are to others.
    There are huge debates involving forced medications. As many a person as you can find in favor of doing it there are just as many against it, including the ACLU. I so much enjoy reading a person or organizations view on what not to do but rarely do you hear those same entities saying what should be done.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I think this article mentioned having him watched as he takes his medicines. But really, I don't see what would be wrong with having him sedated and then injecting him with the meds. I still like the idea of a dart gun.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Thread Information