Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Controversy over Facebook photos of doctors smiling, drinking, and holding guns while aiding Haitian quake victims

A humanitarian mission to aid Haitian earthquake victims turned into a major embarrassment in Puerto Rico on Friday as pictures emerged of doctors drinking, mugging for cameras and brandishing firearms amid the victims' suffering.
    Some of the photos, which were posted on the social networking site Facebook, show smiling doctors holding guns or toasting each other, bottles of scotch or other alcohol in their hands. Others show medical personnel in what appears to be a clinic, grinning as they attend to patients. Another shows a quake victim on a hospital bed, naked from the waist down except for a thin strip of cloth covering the genitals.
    "You can't ever take pictures of patients if you don't have a written agreement and much less publish photos of patients half-nude," the president of the College of Physicians and Surgeons told CNN. Dr. Eduardo Ibarra added, "This is a clear violation of the Hippocratic Oath ... We're going to take all the measures possible to correct this."
    Ibarra said some of the photographs were taken in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic after the group had operated on 70 patients who were in critical condition.
    "In any form, the question of drinking beer while wearing their surgical gear is bad -- it's like a police officer drinking beer while wearing their uniform," he said. "They violated the rules of conduct."
    More here: Photos of drinking, grinning aid mission doctors cause uproar - CNN.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Who cares. If I was there I would be armed also
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I love Facebook, especially as a way to keep up with friends from high school, college and my days from my pre-LE career. But it is becoming increasingly clear that many people are too stupid to use Facebook and they're screwing it up for the rest of us. We've got ain idiot at work who is always posting stuff like "I hate these turds in our city...I can't wait to lock 'em all up and throw away the key...I know a dirtbag just by looking at him etc, etc, etc." Which caused our admin to have a stroke about FB and other social network sites. So, instead of slapping this guy's wrist, they spazzed out and now I'm pretty sure they're watching ALL of our FB activity. And I wouldn't be suprised if they're watching me on O/R. Someone get me a tin foil hat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Thread Information