Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

No Child Left Behind to be revamped

President Obama plans to overhaul the No Child Left Behind law which was passed under former President George W. Bush, The New York Times reported Monday.
    The Obama administration's proposed changes would alter the standards by which schools are deemed successful or not as well as eliminate the 2014 deadline for universal proficiency for American children.
    The legislation set standards of learning for all schools and allocated money for students attending failing schools to leave them in favor of private or parochial institutions.
    It benefited from bi-partisan support when it was passed, but has been widely viewed as unsuccessful, and Congress has wrestled with how to improve it for several years.
    Reports indicate the Obama team will institute changes to the areas that educators found the most objectionable, specifically how funds are apportioned and the binary pass or fail evaluation system for schools.
    The Obama proposal would see money allocated on the basis of academic progress rather than the percentage of low-income students in an area. It would also seek to divide schools into levels as opposed to simply classifying them as successful or not.

More at the link
    FOXNews.com - Obama Reportedly to Overhaul No Child Left Behind
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Do you mean to tell me he wants to change Ted Kennedy's masterpiece?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information