Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

N.Y. Elementary School 'Fight Club' Uncovered by Student's Father

The title is a little misleading. Not exactly a "Fight Club", but still...

Tomas Rivera said that he overheard his son complaining to his sparring partner as the pint-sized pugilists played video games Thursday evening that he wasn't getting enough applause during their bout at PS 65 in Ozone Park.
    "I heard him go, 'Oh, they were cheering you more than they were cheering me,' " the father told The Post.
    Rivera then quizzed his son, also named Tomas, and the 10-year-old spilled the beans about the clash, which was allegedly set up by Joseph Gullotta, the kids' fourth-grade teacher.
    Rivera said his son initially had a beef with another student when Gullotta told the boy, "Don't fight with him because I like you guys too much."
    Instead, the teacher allegedly told his son to take out his aggression on longtime pal Justin Stokel, 9.
    "Mr. Gullotta told him, 'You are my favorite star student, why don't you start a fight with him instead?' "
    During the match, the kids butted heads, leaving Stokel with a split lip and Rivera's kid with a possible concussion.
    Like in the flick "Fight Club," Gullotta allegedly told the boys not to spill the beans and supplied them with a phony story to tell the school nurse that they bashed their heads together accidentally as they both bent over to pick up a fallen pencil.
    Rivera said that if he hadn't caught wind of the kids' conversation, the brawl would have gone undetected.

N.Y. Elementary School 'Fight Club' Uncovered by Student's Father - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Like in the flick "Fight Club," Gullotta allegedly told the boys not to spill the beans and supplied them with a phony story to tell the school nurse that they bashed their heads together accidentally as they both bent over to pick up a fallen pencil.
    Whoever invented that story watches too many slapstick comedies.

Thread Information