Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Flaming dog poo prank lands college kid in jail

A college student who tried to plop flaming dog poop on a neighbor's porch is in deep trouble.
    University of Northern Colorado student Andrew Charles Donahue, 18, was arrested early Sunday on suspicion of attempted first-degree arson, reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and possession of alcohol by a minor, Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych told the Denver Post Tuesday.
    Donahue was allegedly caught with a bag of dog poop and matches as he headed for the front porch of Wayne Pickens, 57, a longtime Greeley resident and small businessman, the newspaper said.
    Police said the stunt is no laughing matter.
    "He was intoxicated," said Tymkowych about Donahue, the Post reported.
    "Absolutely it's dangerous," Tymkowych said of the fire stunt. "It's a foolish prank and puts citizens at risk."
    Early Sunday, Pickens said he called the cops on his neighbors - several UNC students who were partying too loud for Pickens liking, the Post reported.
    Then at 4:30 a.m. Pickens' was rousted again by someone ringing his doorbell. He opened the door to find his Sunday Denver Post ablaze on the porch.
    He snuffed newspaper fire.
    Pickens thought the pranksters might return, but he "assumed they weren't going to be that stupid," the Post reported.
    Taking no chances, the homeowner hid in his yard.
    Soon he spotted a couple of young guys with a flashlight in the yard next door, picking up dog poop and putting it in a bag.
    As the pair approached, Pickens and his wife were ready.
    Just as the two young men were about to ignited the bag of dog doo, Pickens pounced, tackling the teen later identified as Donahue, the Post reported.

More at the link:
    Flaming Dog Poop Lands Colo. University Student in Hot Water | Firehouse.com
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    1st degree arson.....really? Not much goes on in that town I'm thinking.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    According to the UCR's, they had 29 arsons in 2009.

That's a lot of poo.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I gotta know, how is Sgt Joe Tymkowych's last name pronounced? My guess is with and Elmer Fudd accent, "Timekwach" he he he he, you wascally wabbit! Or is it "TimeKrotch" he he he he He's the local poo wrangler! Yee haw Mo FO, HA!!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Ewww!

NC Bullseye is offline Officer First Class
    The original "Biological Weapon"

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Thats funny

Flamming Poo = Arson

I remember when it was called practical prank and your parents are getting called and you better get that cleaned up now!
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    1st degree arson.....really? Not much goes on in that town I'm thinking.

+1... Whatever happened to plain old malicious mischief?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    +1... Whatever happened to plain old malicious mischief?

Public Intoxicatoin for sure, and harassment if the victim wanted to press the issue. That is it from me.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Michelle is offline Civilian
    I'd be pretty upset if someone was lighting things on fire in my yard.
    And you probably see me chasing them down the street with a cane and belt!

Hopefully these guys and their families will make it right with the owners and their property, and if not, I'd have to agree with the charges of arson. The "could have's" are to serious. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt or major fire damage.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I'd be pretty upset if someone was lighting things on fire in my yard.
    And you probably see me chasing them down the street with a cane and belt!
    Okay, but the "could have's" could be to high that you actually kill them with your cane and belt. We could have the charge of attempted murder. See how that works? If someone is on my property doing something like this yeah, I would detain them if possible and have them taken somewhere to sober up. Outside of that it isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Hopefully these guys and their families will make it right with the owners and their property, and if not, I'd have to agree with the charges of arson. The "could have's" are to serious. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt or major fire damage.

What is there to make right. A "Sorry I was a dumb drunk that did something stupid." Going on you logic of "could have's" I need to arrest every person that tosses a cigarette out of their car with Arson.

WyomingSunrise is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Sometimes a prank is just a prank - When's the last time someone put some ky on the phone receiver? or threw a fake spider or snake - I think it keeps ya young

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Okay, but the "could have's" could be to high that you actually kill them with your cane and belt. We could have the charge of attempted murder. See how that works? If someone is on my property doing something like this yeah, I would detain them if possible and have them taken somewhere to sober up. Outside of that it isn't worth it.

If somebodies were in my yard starting a fire, a chasing with a belt and a cane is being nice.
    Can't just go and cause terror for a neighbor without making it right with that neighbor. It's not good for anyone. The kids, the home owners, parents, the neighborhood...
    So, I as a neighbor, would certainly arrange to have a sit down and speak with the kids and their parents.

What is there to make right. A "Sorry I was a dumb drunk that did something stupid."
    Going on you logic of "could have's" I need to arrest every person that tosses a cigarette out of their car with Arson.
    Yes, I was thinking a "sorry I was dumb and drunk" along with a" promise it won't happen again, it was terrible thing to do" is a good start.

No? An arson ticket is not an option?

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingSunrise View Post
    Sometimes a prank is just a prank - When's the last time someone put some ky on the phone receiver? or threw a fake spider or snake - I think it keeps ya young
    Fake snakes and spiders yes.
    KY? yeah, not gonna ask you, kinda want to, but not gonna.

Thread Information