Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Defense attorney digging deep in wake of Toyota recall

After three years in jail, a St. Paul man hopes for a new trial now that there's a possible explanation for why he was unable to stop his Toyota from crashing into another vehicle, killing three.

Although Lee's 1996 model was not on the recall list, Schafer wants the vehicle re-inspected, focusing on the accelerator.

More at the link:
    KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul - Man hopes for new trial after Toyota recall

No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

"Toyota defense" could reverse criminal conviction

A jury convicted Lee of criminal vehicular homicide and he was sentenced to eight years in prison. But he continues to maintain his innocence.

"I know that lives were lost that day, but I did everything within my power to try to stop that vehicle," Lee said in a recent prison interview with CNN affiliate KARE. "I never intended for this to happen."

The 1996 Camry is not a part of Toyota's recall.

Relatives of the victims, who asked the judge to give him the maximum sentence, now support him, said Bob Hilliard, a Texas lawyer who is preparing a lawsuit against Toyota on the family's behalf.

"I am passionate about getting him out and suing Toyota," Hilliard told CNN. He said the family feels "betrayed" by the evidence that led to Lee's conviction.
    More here: 'Toyota defense' could reverse criminal conviction - CNN.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Threads merged.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information