Super Moderator

Facebook & Cops AGAIN

East Palo Alto cop takes heat for Facebook remarks - San Jose Mercury News

East Palo Alto cop takes heat for Facebook remarks

By Jessica Bernstein-Wax

Daily News Staff Writer

Posted: 02/09/2010 03:00:00 AM PST
    Updated: 02/11/2010 11:21:11 AM PST

An East Palo Alto police detective is taking heat in online forums for allegedly posting comments from his Facebook account that advocate shooting Open Carry gun advocates.
    Detective Rod Tuason apparently made the remarks in response to a friend's status update, which joked that gun advocates who carry unloaded weapons in plain view as a political statement should start doing so in places such as Oakland, Richmond and East Palo Alto "and not limit themselves to hoity toity cities."
    "Haha, we had one guy last week try to do it!" Tuason replied, referring to a Redwood City man who strolled into the Mi Pueblo Food Center in East Palo Alto on Jan. 27 with a gun on his hip. "He got proned out and reminded where he was at and that turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!"
    After several more comments in the thread, Tuason apparently joked that officers should shoot the advocates, who have made recent headlines throughout the Bay Area for sipping coffee at cafes and performing other everyday acts with visible weapons.
    "Sounds like you had someone practicing their 2nd amendment rights last night!" Tuason wrote. "Should've pulled the AR out and prone them all out! And if one of them makes a furtive movement ... 2 weeks off!!!"

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

hybrid is offline Corporal
    Stupid. I deleted all my dept. personnel off my page and made everything private. I recently was verbally reprimanded for stating on my facebook this exact quote. "Going work a detail tonight and watch some movies. Call me if you're bored." Yeah, I was told it was "dissimination of information" or however you spell it. Also told to never post about the dept. again. Nice huh.....
    "In God we trust. All others we run through NCIC."

www.myspace.com/egtrix

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If that guy posted the things the article says he did, he's a fucking douchebag and should not be a cop.

He can think whatever he wishes to about someone's choices in exercising their rights, but advocating shooting them or jacking them up is criminal.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    If that guy posted the things the article says he did, he's a fucking douchebag and should not be a cop.

He can think whatever he wishes to about someone's choices in exercising their rights, but advocating shooting them or jacking them up is criminal.
    +1
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    I am not a cop, but I am a public employee. Nothing I post on my FB page is job related or identifies who I work for.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

Thread Information