Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Paramedic Invents Device To Help Save Lives

A paramedic at North Metro Fire Rescue has invented a revolutionary device that could help save lives.

Jeff Rehman said the idea for the tool that helps clear blocked airways came to him in the middle of the night.

Frustrated by the standard suction device that often became blocked, Rehman came up with a tool that scoops and suctions.

"It was just scooping, scooping, scooping and sucking, sucking, sucking and simply never worked out for this guy," said Rehman.

It's designed to go deep into the esophagus to continually pump blockages out, while the other tube pushes air in.

"You can actually put it down into the esophagus itself and bend it out of the way and you can intubate around it," said Rehman. "Anything I can do to contribute I think is an honor to my trade and I'd like to see every jump kit with one of these in it, and every emergency room and hopefully the battlefield as well."

Paramedic Invents Device To Help Save Lives - cbs4denver.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    cool! :

Thread Information