Welcome to the APBWeb.
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Police: Gresham bar was shot up by an officer

Could you all please say a prayer for the four kids left behind?

Police: Gresham bar was shot up by an officer | Gresham News

GRESHAM, Ore. - The suspect in a shooting at M&M Lounge, leaving three dead Saturday, is being identified as a 15-year veteran of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office. The off-duty sergeant killed himself after shooting his wife and two of her female friends Friday night.

The shooting was just before 10 p.m. Friday at the M&M Lounge at Northeast 2nd Street and North Main Avenue. Four people sustained gunshot wounds in what police are calling a "domestic violence issue" between Jeffrey Grahn, now identified as the shooter, and his wife.

His wife, Charlotte Grahn, was transported in critical condition to Emmanuel hospital with a gunshot wound. She died Saturday afternoon.

Fifty-three-year-old Victoria Schulmerich of Gresham also was shot. She was taken to OHSU hospital and remains in critical condition.

A third woman, 53-year-old Kathleen Hoffmeister of Gresham, died at the scene from her wound.

Meanwhile, Jeffrey Grahn was 46 years old and lived in Boring, Ore. He was pronounced dead at the scene with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Gresham police say Jeffrey Grahn was a patrol sergeant with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and had been employed there for the past 15 years. A source tells us Sergeant Grahn also had worked as one of two supervisors at the Clackamas County Courthouse from 2006 to 2007.

UPDATE: We are learning new details about Sergeant Grahn and his wife. Court records in Clackamas County show Jeff filed for divorce from his wife Charlotte in August of 2009. A woman who knows the couple tells us they had three children together and Sergeant Grahn had another child from a previous marriage. It is unclear from the records if the divorce was finalized by the time of this shooting Friday night.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Damn. I cannot think of anything except prayers to all .

"Possibly, more people kill themselves and others out of hurt vanity than out of envy,
    jealousy, malice or desire for revenge."
    Source: Iris Murdoch

"Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him
    less than he had been before - it takes something from him."
    Source: Louis L'amour

All men kill the thing they hate, too, unless, of course, it kills them first."
    Source: James Thurber
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The signs and sights of domestic violence are all to often over looked. All to often that over sight leads to just such an event. Intervention is key. Prayers sent.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Wish I could take on some of the pain in place of those kids.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Wish I could take on some of the pain in place of those kids.
    +1 . They've been sentenced to a llifetime of it thanks to a violent , selfish act by someone who should have known better.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information