Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

New Orleans police officer admits coverup

Great....

NEW ORLEANS, Feb. 25 (UPI) -- A New Orleans police supervisor has pleaded guilty to cover-up charges in the shooting of six people after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the U.S. attorney says.
    Lieutenant Michael Lohman, who retired from the department earlier this month, admits helping craft police reports riddled with false information about shootings on Danziger Bridge that left two people dead and four others injured in September 2005, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.
    U.S. Attorney Jim Letten announced Lohman's guilty plea Wednesday on the steps of the federal courthouse.
    The plea document contains explosive details of an alleged cover-up and increases pressure on the six officers and one former officer charged in connection with the shootings and subsequent investigation, the Times-Picayune says.

New Orleans police officer admits coverup - UPI.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I guess somehow I missed the original story on this...so, am I correct in saying (and this is the impression that the NEW article gave me, mind you) that a bunch of NO cops were just walking around shooting people for no reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Can you or anyone else in the area give us the facts as you know them and not the news version of this story?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    I guess my knowledge of this I can't call facts because I wasn't there. It comes from memory of what the news reported after the incident and what I read.

From my understanding though the officers involved where dispatched to a officer down in the area of the Danziger Bridge. The officers went to the area and came upon a group or groups of individuals who, according to the initial report, began shooting at the officers. The officers returned fire, killing two people and wounding four others. In 2006 a grand jury indicted the seven officers involved in the shooting for murder and attempted murder but I believe those charges were later dismissed. The civilians involved in the incident always claimed that the officers acted unprovoked. The officers involved have stuck to the initial report and investigation.....till now.

Here's a link to the Bill of Information against Michael Lohman.

http://freepdfhosting.com/11bf91b52c.pdf

I also found this older article that talks about the incident prior to the Grand Jury indictment.

What Happened on New Orleans' Danziger Bridge? : NPR

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sorry for the delay. Somehow I missed the updates to this thread. Thank you 607.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information