Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Couple in South Korea nourished virtual child online while their real toddler starved to death

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Police have arrested a South Korean couple whose toddler starved to death while they were raising a virtual child online, authorities said.
    The couple fed their 3-month-old daughter once a day between marathon stretches in a local Internet cafe, where they were raising a virtual child in the fantasy role-playing game Prius Online, police told local reporters Friday.
    More here: Police: Couple nurtured virtual child while real baby starved - CNN.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am blessed not to understand the mentality of some.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    wow, thats fucked up
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    When people go to the tube or the 'puter for their "Reality" I am not at all surprised. Reality is now "convenient" with the means to turn off that which is not.

Perhaps it was the smelly diapers or crying that became the inconvenient reality. Look around, we all know someone who has fewer and fewer "off the screen" interactions with the world. Why repair your house when you can build your fantasy home online for free.......??

What happens when the govt marches the next 5 year plan thru these vacant mental niches in the world of sunshine, rain, starry nights, and pain? We are seeing it now.

Armageddon - the computer crashes.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information