Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Pentagon security officer knew something was about to happen based on look on shooter's face

Pentagon security officer Marvin L. Carraway Jr. saw the man walking toward him. A split second later, he saw the man's gun. "When I looked at the shooter, he looked at me and I recognized a certain look on his face," said Carraway. "Once I saw that, what went through my mind -- 'This is it, something's about to happen.'"
    Authorities say John Patrick Bedell arrived at the Pentagon late Thursday with two 9 mm semi-automatic weapons, at least as many magazines, and a vendetta. The 36-year-old had driven from California to Washington wearing a suit and a calm look. He could have passed for any tourist or worker who went through the security checkpoint every day on the way into the Pentagon.
    Officer Colin Richards, who mans the booth with Carraway, looked up to see Bedell point his gun at his colleague and fire.
    "The shooter was so close," Richards recalled. "I was surprised he missed. I thought he hit Officer Carraway or hit me."
    "There was a lot of chaos," said Carraway, a former Marine, who was grazed by Bedell's bullets and suffered minor injuries.

Officer Jeffrey Amos was manning an exit area a few strides away. Also a former serviceman, he recognized the popping sound of gunfire and ran toward it. Amos took a bullet in his shoulder, but he and Carraway kept their focus.
    They fired. Bedell went down, hit with a fatal shot to his head.
    More here: Pentagon security officer knew 'something's about to happen' - CNN.com

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Excellent job of picking up on non-verbal clues and not ignoring the hairs when they stand up on the back of your neck.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's a recognition that most people would not pick up on. Excellent job on that and apparently shot placement. That's gun control.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

WyomingSunrise is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Good job. Always trust your gut

Thread Information