Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Officer Buys Car Seat For Motorist

UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Iowa -- A University Heights police officer worried about an unrestrained child in a vehicle he pulled over purchased the boy's mother a car seat.Officer Don Strong said he spotted the boy bouncing in the back of the vehicle while on traffic enforcement duty on Thursday. Strong says the boy's mother told him they had an 80-mile drive to Knoxville and no way to secure the child.After trying to locate a car seat elsewhere, Strong and the family went to the Walmart in Iowa City and the officer bought a car seat for the boy.

Officer Buys Car Seat For Motorist - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Now that was far above and beyond the call of duty. What a nice guy!

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    She couldn't afford one after the ticket he wrote.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Now that was far above and beyond the call of duty. What a nice guy!
    Amen. Nice guy!
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have to say being a cop my first question was why was there no car seat to begin with? My first answer, being as the kid was jumping up and down on the seat, was that the parent could have cared less. I certainly hope they received a citation. I see the rational of purchasing the seat but by now it's probably in the trunk if in the car at all.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    She would have gotten a ticket from me and we wouldn't go anywhere until someone showed up with a seat. I'm not buy them a car seat.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    She would have gotten a ticket from me and we wouldn't go anywhere until someone showed up with a seat. I'm not buy them a car seat.
    this

plus i would have given her the business for not properly securing that kid
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

Ditto.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    oh, troop, the FD, or someone would've been getting a call - they're always giving out carseats - I'm sure they could wrangle one up for me...

but first and foremost ma'am... I'm gonna need you to sign by the "x", it's not an admission of guilt...

If you're not going to take care of your own business... that's fine... but if I have to take care of it for you, I will do it in my own way - and not in a way that is going to make my family suffer... because I will take care of my business first...
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    I do not think I could be as nice as that officer, if the women can afford the car and its upkeep she should be able to afford that car seat. And if not, then the least she could do is belt that kid in and not allow him to bounce around in the back. She deserves to be ticketed and depending on how the kid looked, maybe a report of negligence to child welfare. (I am assuming this child is a toddler and not an infant who would be too small to belt in) Either way it is not only a danger to the child not restrained but a distraction to her as a driver.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    There are enough places giving car seats away that, while I commend the guy, he was stupid.

Unless he got reimbursed by the department later.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information