Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Angry This statement angers me.

I am not the most political minded individual in the world. I have my opinions but I keep them to myself and I vote according to my opinion of the candidate's platform.

I did, however, find this article and it really burns me up. I work for MY money and the amount of money I make depends directly on how much and how well I work. The "distribution of wealth" should depend on the same principle. You want wealth? Get out and WORK for it. Sheesh!

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

"Too often, much of late, the last couple three years, the mal-distribution of income in American is gone up way too much, the wealthy are getting way, way too wealthy and the middle income class is left behind," he said. "Wages have not kept up with increased income of the highest income in America. This legislation will have the effect of addressing that mal-distribution of income in America."
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    My fear after all this political BS has been passed with much more to come is this. You fine officers do not have to risk your safety and popularity (so far being neutral as the police should be) if disruption, anger, and protests among the people begins to turn ugly, during the long hot summer. Stay safe out there.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    I am soooo sick and tired of the poor and lazy people cry about how the middle class or the rich get money handed to them. Sorry but the welfare system is the one handing the poor and lazy people money. STOP BEING LAZY AND GO GET A JOB! There are plenty of jobs out there and just because these jobs don't pay you $100,000 a year doesn't mean there is no jobs out there! WORK FOR IT and EARN IT!
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

rainman1352 is offline Rookie
    RSA you are 100% correct. I am so sick of hearing people say they deserve money from the gov't and that the rich people get everything. No the fact is the rich and middle class go out and work everyday and bust their butt's to get started and most work for several years before they get to a point of being comfortable or even rich. People expect to start out at the top now adays and not have to wrok there way up, so rather then starting at the bottom and wroking their way up they will just sit at home and collect a check and bitch about everybody not paying enough in taxes so they can get more free money.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Go work for a poor person if you can find one hiring. Instead of making an idividual's slice of the economic pie smaller, we need to focus on making a bigger pie. That is why we need investment capital. Guess who has that? The wealthy. A rising tide raises all boats, from the dingy to the Aircraft Carrier.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The distribution of wealth myth has been debunked several times.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information