Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Deputy charged for arresting firefighter

A Lake County deputy who jailed a Leadville firefighter last month will face charges.
    Deputy Steven James jailed Leadville Fire Captain Dan Dailey March 27 when Dailey responded to a medical call to treat a domestic violence victim who was being interviewed at the jail.
    According to court documents obtained by 7News, James faces charges of impeding an official in a public building, official misconduct and obstructing a fire fighter or medical person. All three are Class II misdemeanors.
    James is scheduled for his first court appearance on May 10.
    According to the Denver Post, District Attorney Mark Hurlbert, chose to file no charges against Dailey.
    Sheriff Edward Holte said on March 27, a woman went to the Lake County Sheriff's Office with her children to file domestic violence charges against her boyfriend. Holte said his deputies called for an ambulance to examine the woman.
    "We did an ambulance only page, which means only the ambulance is supposed to respond," said Holte. "It was a non-emergency response. All we needed was medical people to be on scene to take a look at her and let us know exactly where she was at and what kind of condition she was in."
    Holte said the fire department responded on its own will and arrived moments before the ambulance. Holte said James told the captain the fire department's services were not needed and asked him to leave. When Dailey refused, James handcuffed him and put him in a cell.

The rest at the link:

Deputy Charged for Jailing Colo. FF | Firehouse.com
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Mayor Bud Elliott and Fire Chief Bob Harvey said this incident stems from an ongoing dispute between the sheriff's office and fire department.
    Wow. I wonder what the rest of the story is.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    ...James told the captain the fire department's services were not needed and asked him to leave. When Dailey refused, James handcuffed him and put him in a cell.
    Always more to the story, but . We're suppose to be on the same side.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    All we needed was medical people to be on scene to take a look at her and let us know exactly where she was at and what kind of condition she was in."
    Granted we're not in a pissing match with the FD, but I would have done the exact opposite. Call rescue, not an ambulance.

Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO
    What a douchebag. People don't seem to understand that when you call for a medic, chief complaint and existing run cards dictate what vehicles get sent. There is no "non emergency" response for the fire department, there is no "yeah she's complaining of <insert complaint> but we think it's BS so just send a medic".

Like my old fart brother said (hah, just had to get that one in there lol) we're supposed to be on the same side. He worked in and I still work in an environment with an amazingly good relationship between police/fire as a whole. I can't really imagine it any other way.

Thread Information