Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Mexican soap opera star and her American husband accused of sham marriage to get her legal residency in the US

A well-known Mexican soap opera star and her American husband face federal charges of entering a sham marriage so she could get legal residency in the United States. The government said the fake marriage was exposed when a jilted boyfriend, fashion photographer Markus Klinko, called the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
    "This actor should have realized that posing as a bride for immigration purposes could land her a role in a real-life crime drama," Special Agent Miguel Unzueta said.
    The 28-year-old Romero appeared in at least 15 television shows and films since 2005, according to the Internet Movie Database, when prosecutors allege she paid Kent Ross, a pizza delivery man and musician, to marry her.
    Romero appeared before a U.S. magistrate on Friday and was released on a $50,000 signature bond. She was ordered to surrender her passport and not to leave Southern California. Her activities will be monitored electronically.
    The prosecutor in the case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jim Left, said Romero could get between 15 and 21 months in prison if convicted, though such cases usually produce shorter sentences.
    Ross appeared before a U.S. magistrate on Friday and was released on $25,000 bond.
    Feds: Jilted boyfriend exposes actress' sham marriage - CNN.com

Mexican actress Fernanda Romero and her American husband face charges of entering a sham marriage

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    If it took some "convincing" to get the pizza guy to marry her, she must've had a real awful personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If it took some "convincing" to get the pizza guy to marry her, she must've had a real awful personality.

I've found most Mexican people to be warm and friendly, with the exception of the upper class, who behave and expect to be treated like royalty.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information