Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Latino lawmakers urge veto of Arizona immigration law

Washington (CNN) -- Latino members of Congress Tuesday called on Arizona's governor to kill a state bill that would require police to determine whether people are in the United States legally, arguing that it unconstitutionally authorizes discrimination.
    "When you institutionalize a law like this one, you are targeting and discriminating at a wholesale level against a group of people," Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Arizona, told reporters. Grijalva and Rep. Luis Gutierrez, the chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, said Republican Gov. Jan Brewer should veto the measure, which the state Senate approved Monday.
    The bill would require immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and require police to question people if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant day laborers or knowingly transport them.
    Brewer, a Republican, has yet to take a public stance on the bill.

Latino lawmakers urge veto of Arizona immigration law - CNN.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We urge you to veto this bill because it is so DAMN EFFECTIVE!!! Vamanos

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I thought the constitution was set up to protect US CITIZENS??? I vote we send all the illegals rounded up to the no doubt well manicured and probably gated front lawns of the objecting lawmakers. Make it personal and see how much they continue to bitch and moan.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

rainman1352 is offline Rookie
    I sure hope he signs it into law. Something really needs to be done about the illegals in this country. I live in Alabama and there are a lot of them here so I can only imagine what it is like over in Arizona.
    If you watch the news and see how many kidanpping and murders go on in Arizona because of the illegals then who could not support the bill.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Governor there is a "she."

She may not have the guts to piss off Mexican voters.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

I did not know that the Governor was a she, Sorry.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I just heard it was signed!

Now everybody is afraid of racial profiling against Hispanics due to this.......uhhh who the hell are we supposed to stop for illegal immigration enforcement in the SW, the friggin Irish?????
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post
    I just heard it was signed!

Now everybody is afraid of racial profiling against Hispanics due to this.......uhhh who the hell are we supposed to stop for illegal immigration enforcement in the SW, the friggin Irish?????

No shit. I'm pretty sure a reasonable person would think an individual on a traffic stop with no DL, ID, or a freaking social security # might not be a damn citizen. If it makes sense it is wrong in our current PC f'ed up world. 70% of AZ in a poll is for this. I'm thinking 30% of AZ is either illegal or a f'ing ACLU lawyer.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Way to go Arizona!!!

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Wait until all those illegals have "American" born babies and as adults they decide to join the political ranks. Even the safety forces. Boys and girls, this war better be won now. Several battles have been lost, because many have already started the new born brown in America generation. Can you say, "may I have my pension check in US dollars", in Spanish?
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    NOBAMA is now playing the Race Card, so the headline reads. I have no doubt that this charlatan will do anything to take over the country.

Obama seeks to 'reconnect...young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women' for 2010 - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

I don't see them protesting the Mexican Immigration laws....Maybe we should just follow them.

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society: Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32) Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34) Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37) The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38) Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country: Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73) A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86) A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91). Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned: Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116) Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116) Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons: Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117) Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118) Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned. Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says, "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123) Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125) Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126) Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law: A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127) Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is the Arizona State Senator that authored the legistlation. He was a cop that was awarded the Medal of Valor, and has two sons that are LEOs. One of which that was shot by an illegal while serving a warrant in 2004.

Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Angry

Obama is saying it's a law designed to harass and jail people caught "Driving While Hispanic", because if they're Hispanic, that's probable cause to stop them now, even while they're buying their kid an ice cream cone.

What a lying piece of worthless shit!!!

Probable Cause for OTHER crimes, Dumbo - And this law is not an excuse to stop people for "Driving While Hispanic" - Neither does it change the legal definition of Probable cause, which he also alluded to.

Will it happen occasionally? yeah, sure - But more than likely the cops that do it will be fired - And I predict half of those will be convicted on very one-sided witness evidence.

All I gotta say buy a pocket Digital Voice Recorder and leave it running your whole shift - Then archive it every day on CD ROM and save it forever. You never know when some shithead will target you even if you never even had contact with them at all - A tape of the entire shift will prove that to some extent.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Obama is saying it's a law designed to harass and jail people caught "Driving While Hispanic", because if they're Hispanic, that's probable cause to stop them now, even while they're buying their kid an ice cream cone.

What a lying piece of worthless shit!!!
    I think he wants all the division he can muster in the counrty, everything with him and the Dems is racist. They keep talking about the Tea Party possibly being violent but don't say a word about how the protesters have carried on over this.

Here is what Theodore Roosevelt said about immigration....

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!
    KEEP THIS MOVING

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman1352 View Post
    Here is what Theodore Roosevelt said about immigration....
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Did you hear today that Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder admitted to never having read the Arizona law - the same law that he's been claiming was unconstitutional ever since it got introduced.

GOD, what a DUFUS!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...iscussion-form

Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

FOXNews.com

Despite repeatedly voicing concerns about Arizona's new immigration enforcement law in recent weeks and threatening to challenge it, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday he has not yet read the law, which is only 10 pages long.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Now we are in deep doodoo

Mexican President to protest Arizona law to OBAMA.

Damn, now we are in real trouble. The Mexicans in Mexico don't like us, the Mexicans in the US don't like us (except for welfare, fee medical, schooling, no taxes, etc) Woe is us, what are we going to do now. Lets see now, the Mexs don't like us, the Canadians don't like us, the Muslims don't like us. Holder doesn't read the laws he condems, Now we are in deep shit. Where did we go wrong??????

Optionetics - Market Data

Holder hasn&#39;t read Arizona law he criticized - Washington Times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information