Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Police: Citizen shoots man attempting to hijack Metro bus after multiple wrecks

HOUSTON – A wild crime spree ended in gunfire Tuesday when a citizen shot a suspect who was trying to hijack a Metro bus, Houston police said.
    According to HPD, it all began at about 5:30 p.m. when Henry Hankston III, 37, carjacked a person who was visiting friends at a residence in the 5200 block of Fair Green in southeast Houston.

"Suspect had approached them, appeared to be under the influence of some kind of drugs, apparently came up and started assaulting the person and took his vehicle from him," said Sgt. Robert Torres, with HPD’s Homicide Division.
    He said Hankston did not have a weapon, but used objects that he had picked up on the street.
    "We were told that he was possibly on PCP, or his behavior was consistent with that of somebody who was on PCP—really hyper and extremely strong," Torres said.
    Hankston fled northbound on Martin Luther King. About a block away from the carjacking, he struck the first vehicle and continued driving, Torres said.

"When he got to the intersection, he hit three other vehicles until he got to the point where his vehicle was disabled, got out of that vehicle and ran up to a bus that was turning through the intersection," Torres said.

Torres said the suspect entered the bus and began assaulting the driver, in an apparent attempt to hijack the bus, until the driver of a car idling behind the bus noticed what was happening.

"This person is a licensed concealed handgun carrier. He got out of the vehicle [and] went to the bus to try to intervene in the assault that was taking place," he said. "He did pull the suspect away from the driver and engaged in a physical confrontation with the suspect."

As the two men struggled, the gun discharged and struck the suspect in the upper abdomen, Torres said.

Police: Citizen shoots man attempting to hijack Metro bus after multiple wrecks | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    ten-4 - good on the concealed weapon to not be a sheep - if this starts happening more and more, maybe the wolves will realize that not everyone is a sheep and they'll be the ones looking over their shoulders for the guy who might be bringing the heat to the fight...
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    God, I love Texans!!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    As the two men struggled, the gun discharged and struck the suspect in the upper abdomen, Torres said.
    The headline needs to be changed. The citizen did not shoot the guy. The bloodthirsty AK-47 revolver evidently went off on it's own will.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    God, I love Texans!!!
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    God, I love Texans!!!

Car 4
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    We love you guys, too!!!!

Houston is fucking wild wild west shit....We've got a guy who is our warrant officer who retired from HPD after 25 years...he tells some crazy ass stories about back in the day. For instance, it used to be fairly common to stop your patrol car to fill up with gas and someone do a drive-by on it. Apparently it didn't phase anyone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

Houston is fucking wild wild west shit....We've got a guy who is our warrant officer who retired from HPD after 25 years...he tells some crazy ass stories about back in the day. For instance, it used to be fairly common to stop your patrol car to fill up with gas and someone do a drive-by on it. Apparently it didn't phase anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    ten-4 - good on the concealed weapon to not be a sheep - if this starts happening more and more, maybe the wolves will realize that not everyone is a sheep and they'll be the ones looking over their shoulders for the guy who might be bringing the heat to the fight...

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    The headline needs to be changed. The citizen did not shoot the guy. The bloodthirsty AK-47 revolver evidently went off on it's own will.
    That's funny.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information