Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Gulf Coast

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Gulf Coast

This really bothers me. I'm not a tree hugger and I know that we need the oil but DAMN.

FOXNews.com - Little Success of Stopping Oil Slick as It Creeps Towards Gulf Coastline

A lot of the things I love are along the coast. Fishing for reds during the day and bow-fishing at night in the Louisiana marshes, weekends at Orange Beach AL, hell they are even talking about the possibility of the spill reaching the Florida Keys with the possibility of affecting reefs and diving. I love the oysters, crab, and shrimp from the coast and the people in south Louisiana are the greatest. So many of them depend on the marine life down there for their livelihoods. Venice LA has great fishing and bow-fishing with it's miles of canals and marshes.

I sure hope they get a handle on this before long, I really don't want to imagine all of that being affected for years. I'm getting old.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I suspect the snow white sands of the gulf will be grimy for several years thanks to this, and gas prices will rise yet again.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Yea, it's funny but it never really crossed my mind that something could affect ALL of it for years. The area even recovered from Katrina relatively quickly.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Very sad. Hopefully measures will be taken to prevent disasters like this in the future.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Good job we had our gulf coast holiday last year. Selfish aren't I!

Now I've just got to worry about that damn volcano.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Thread Information