Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Mounted officer lauded for stopping bomb attack in Times Square

Police Officer Wayne Rhatigan managed to clear the area and help to have the bomb defused.
    Rhatigan, a member of the police's Emerald Society and a mounted policeman, was called by a T-shirt vendor who saw smoke coming from the back of the Nissan Pathfinder which had been parked haphazardly at the curb with its engine running and its flashers on.
    The policeman approached the car, saw the smoke and immediately reacted.
    "I did a lap around the vehicle. The inside was smoking," Rhatigan told the New York Daily News. "I smelled gunpowder and knew it might blow. I thought it might blow any second."

He grabbed two female rookies cops who were patrolling the area. Together, they managed to get hundreds of people away from the smoking car and to alert the bomb squad. The Fire Department and bomb squad rushed to the scene.
    Patrolman Rhatigan (47), said he still plans to retire this year after 19 years of service. "Of all the idiots in New York, I find this thing," he said. "I was almost a fireball."
    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg took father-of-three Rhatigan to dinner last night two blocks north of where he quickly moved scores of tourists out of harm's way.
    More here: http://www.herald.ie/world-news/the-...r-2162674.html

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What's worse, almost being blown up with a Taliban bomb or having dinner with Bloomberg? Good job saving Times Square, now for your punishment, go have dinner with Bloomberg. I'd quit.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Great job done by that Officer.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

rainman1352 is offline Rookie
    I would rather go out with Bloomberg than Obama but both to me should be called toture which is against the law.

Thread Information