Welcome to the APBWeb.
    ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there

Cops on Top to tackle Denali

Cops on Top to tackle Denali in memory of fallen Montana patrolman
    Cops on Top to tackle Denali in memory of fallen Montana patrolman - KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source |

by Jackie Bartz
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A group of law enforcement officers from across the country began a climb of Mount McKinley Tuesday in honor of a fallen highway patrol trooper.

The group, Cops on Top, climbs a mountain every year in memory of a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty. This year's team includes three from Montana, one from Indiana and a Forest Service worker from Utah.

"This is our first time; this is all of ours first time being up there, so we're kind of excited, but nervous at the same time," said Troy Bacon, from the Frankfurt, Ind. Police Department.

The team will make the trek carrying packs filled with gear, but also the heavy memories of loss.

"We're going to have a plaque in honor of him that we're going to take all the way up to the top with us," Caleb Pleasants with the Flathead County Sheriff's Office said.

This year the team will climb for Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Michael Haynes.

More at link above.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

ISPTI is offline S=3.86 x √(R x Fs)
    Verified LEO

That's cool. Unfortunately I'm from Iowa and it's way too flat for me to even imagine what climbing a mountain would be like! Think I'll stay safely on the ground.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPTI View Post

That's cool. Unfortunately I'm from Iowa and it's way too flat for me to even imagine what climbing a mountain would be like! Think I'll stay safely on the ground.
    Dude, I was raised in Indiana, used to get height induced nosebleeds by going up a flight of stairs. Heights scare the hell out of me. Good damn thing I'm short.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

ISPTI is offline S=3.86 x √(R x Fs)
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ms1600 View Post
    Cops on Top to tackle Denali in memory of fallen Montana patrolman
    Cops on Top to tackle Denali in memory of fallen Montana patrolman - KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source |

by Jackie Bartz
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A group of law enforcement officers from across the country began a climb of Mount McKinley Tuesday in honor of a fallen highway patrol trooper.

The group, Cops on Top, climbs a mountain every year in memory of a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty. This year's team includes three from Montana, one from Indiana and a Forest Service worker from Utah.

"This is our first time; this is all of ours first time being up there, so we're kind of excited, but nervous at the same time," said Troy Bacon, from the Frankfurt, Ind. Police Department.

The team will make the trek carrying packs filled with gear, but also the heavy memories of loss.

"We're going to have a plaque in honor of him that we're going to take all the way up to the top with us," Caleb Pleasants with the Flathead County Sheriff's Office said.

This year the team will climb for Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Michael Haynes.

More at link above.
    Sounds like you got over your fear of heights pretty well then, Ducky!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPTI View Post
    Sounds like you got over your fear of heights pretty well then, Ducky!
    Yeah, the problems with that are many. The first being that I'm a girl.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information