Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

US Students Sent Home for Wearing American Flag on Mexican Holiday

Full story: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees | NBC Bay Area

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Payday. Suspend my kid for that please. Now the bandannas I can understand, and I would not allow my child to wear that in a school setting. However, to tell anyone that they cannot wear the standard of this nation while in this nation is crap. Celebrate any holiday you want. And the liberals are worried about us stopping and harassing people for no reason. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

4 Turns is offline Rookie
    Granted school is out of session for July 4th, but I doubt any administrators would threaten to suspend students wearing a Mexican flag on that day. Veteran's Day or Memorial Day perhaps?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wow:

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.
    "I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."
    As for an apology, the boys and their families say, "fat chance."

GO BE OFFENDED SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

GOT YOUR APOLOGY RIGHT HERE:

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Wow:

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.
    "I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

+10000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Well said, Five-o
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Screw them! The answer to why they're wearing them is simple: Show them a freakin' map, and ask what nation they're in.

They don't like it -- they can travel south till they're in Mexico.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post

Problem is they only know how to travel north.

(Oops, that wasn't very PC, was it!)

Guess they could just keep going until they get to Canada, though.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO

Is there anything else to say really??
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We *are* losing.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Cinco de Mayo ( May 5 ) is a B.S holiday anyway, it's just another exuse to go out drinking. Mexico won a battle against the French but lost the war, it's like Iraq celebrating every year the battle of Kuwait. I am 3rd generation Mexican-American and the only flag I fly on my porch is Old Glory.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Go away on vacation and the shit hits the fan. Should have known this would happen.

Only in California. It's BS like this that makes me want to move to states that don't put up with this crap. Like Utah or Texas for starters. Some of the students that were sent home are part Mexican. I say good for them. At least someone around here has their priorities and loyalties straight.

That particular Asst Principal needs to be fired.

Payday. Suspend my kid for that please. Now the bandannas I can understand, and I would not allow my child to wear that in a school setting. However, to tell anyone that they cannot wear the standard of this nation while in this nation is crap. Celebrate any holiday you want. And the liberals are worried about us stopping and harassing people for no reason. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Welcome to California. The most liberal PC BS state in the union.

Wow:

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Turns View Post
    Granted school is out of session for July 4th, but I doubt any administrators would threaten to suspend students wearing a Mexican flag on that day. Veteran's Day or Memorial Day perhaps?
    The thing is: Most schools aren't in session on those days, either.

Oh, and fat chance of making May 5 or September 24 a national holiday in THIS nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Screw them! The answer to why they're wearing them is simple: Show them a freakin' map, and ask what nation they're in.

Or whatever other south of the border country they came from. They can even take some or all of our liberals here and help them rebuild their country if they would like. Some of them are already there. They can have our president, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post
    Problem is they only know how to travel north.
    (Oops, that wasn't very PC, was it!)

Guess they could just keep going until they get to Canada, though.
    That's because they only have one track minds.

Some of them truly think they are still in Mexico and that we stole their country from them. To those idiots I tell them to go and look up the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. We ( the US ) bought this part of the country to the tune of $15 million back in 1848 from Mexico, thus ending the Mexican - American War and creating the Mexican Cession. If they want to get technical, maybe we should give back this part of the country to it's indigenous people. The Native American Indian. We can't help it if the representatives of your country at the time ( Mexico ) couldn't read and write Spanish or that they tried to do a cover-up.

For now, it belongs to the United States of America . Like it or .

+ infinity. Reps to a Great American!!!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Hmmmm... let me take a look at this from another angle. So the school administrators want to suspend kids for wearing "American" colors because it's offensive. Well then, to use that line of thinking, I am highly offended by the presence of illegal aliens in our schools and anywhere else in my country so let's "suspend" them from school and our territory and send them back to their real home.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Oh crap. I can see the Iab investigation now. I was in uniform driving a marked car on May 5th, both my uniform and my car have American flags on them. Boy I am in trouble big time. Can someone recommend a good FOP lawyer?

Worthless school administrators. At least the school board rescinded the suspension and allowed the kids to return with no displinary action against the kids. Didn't say if the school board was going to suspend or discipline the principal and vice principal but that would be nice.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post
    Cinco de Mayo ( May 5 ) is a B.S holiday anyway, it's just another exuse to go out drinking. Mexico won a battle against the French but lost the war, it's like Iraq celebrating every year the battle of Kuwait. I am 3rd generation Mexican-American and the only flag I fly on my porch is Old Glory.

That's because your an AMERICAN who happens to be of Mexican decent. How the fuck could any AMERICAN ever be insulted to see the Stars and Stripes in the United States of America. My bad , it's not the U.S., it's California.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Oh crap. I can see the Iab investigation now. I was in uniform driving a marked car on May 5th, both my uniform and my car have American flags on them. Boy I am in trouble big time. Can someone recommend a good FOP lawyer?

Man, you might as well just drop your stuff off at the station and go home.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Oh crap. I can see the lab investigation now. I was in uniform driving a marked car on May 5th, both my uniform and my car have American flags on them. Boy I am in trouble big time. Can someone recommend a good FOP lawyer?

No, You're good. You have to move to California first. And to the SF Bay Area or Los Angeles at that.

Worthless school administrators. At least the school board rescinded the suspension and allowed the kids to return with no disciplinary action against the kids. Didn't say if the school board was going to suspend or discipline the principal and vice principal but that would be nice.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That's because your an AMERICAN who happens to be of Mexican decent. How the fuck could any AMERICAN ever be insulted to see the Stars and Stripes in the United States of America. My bad , it's not the U.S., it's California.
    Sad to say, but true. There are times like these that I really hate my state and what it has become.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It isn't just your State.

I'm telling you, we are losing.

Unless we change the game, this place is over with in two generations.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    School District: Flag Clothing Incident "Extremely Unfortunate" | NBC Bay Area

Some parents of students at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill are keeping their kids home from school after tension related to an incident involving students wearing American flag clothing on Cinco de Mayo spilled out onto the streets.

The students wore T-shirts depicting the flag to school on Wednesday. Administrators told the boys the clothes could be "incendiary" and asked them turn the shirts inside-out or face suspension. The boys refused so they were sent home.

The controversy quickly spread over the Internet and became national news.

Now, the school district is sending a message to parents about the heated issue, assuring them that students will not be suspended, and that students are allowed to wear patriotic clothing.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Click the Link:

RealClearPolitics - "There Will Be No Apology"

May 6, 2010
    "There Will Be No Apology"

By Tom Bevan

Those are the words of the mother of Matt Dariano, one of the five kids at Live Oak High School in the San Francisco Bay Area who were sent home for having the temerity to wear American flag tee shirts on the "Mexican heritage day" of Cinco de Mayo.
    "There will not be an apology," Mrs. Dariano told the camera crew outside the school. "Matthew is part Hispanic, OK? He's an American. So, no, there will be no apology from any Dariano."

Guess who else uttered the exact same phrase last year? James Crowley, the white Cambridge cop who arrested black Harvard professor Louis Gates, Jr. and was singled out in a nationally televised press conference by President Obama for "acting stupidly."
    On July 23 of last year outside his home, a reporter told Crowley that Gates had asked for an apology from him for his handling of the incident.
    "There will be no apology," Crowley replied.
    After a beat, the reporter followed up: "Is this now and ever, 'no apology,?"
    "Yes," Crowley replied flatly.

The fact is, Americans are increasingly fed up with the racially divisive, politically correct insanity pulsating through the country today. After years of being pressured and browbeaten by the left-wing PC police about what they can say, do, think, and wear, many Americans have had enough. And they're especially furious with being asked to apologize for things that aren't or shouldn't be in the least bit offensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information