Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

AL Officer Involved Shooting

Click the link for full story:

Limestone deputy shoots man after threatened with shotgun | al.com

Limestone deputy shoots man after threatened with shotgun

By Victoria Cumbow, The Huntsville Times

May 07, 2010, 12:01PM

The Huntsville TimesLimestone County Sheriff Mike BlakelyELKMONT - A man is in critical condition at Huntsville Hospital after he was shot by a Limestone County Sheriff's deputy after he threatened officers with a shotgun, said Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely.
    Last night shortly before 10 p.m., Blakely said three officers went to the home of Gary Leon Cox on New Garden Road in order to arrest him and Tressa Shores.
    According to reports, Shores' husband called Elkmont officials and claimed Shores, 48, and Cox, 47, stole a large bottle of his prescription muscle relaxers.
    An Elkmont deputy and two Limestone deputies went to the home to make the arrests.
    As one of the deputies knocked on the front door, Cox eventually opened the door holding a shotgun at his side, attempting to hide it behind his leg, Blakely said.
    The deputy repeatedly asked Cox to drop the gun, but Blakely said as Cox began to raise the gun and point it toward the deputy, Cox was shot.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I'm glad that the deputies weren't injured.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Stupid should hurt. Good shot , Deputy. Go home and hug the wife and kids.
    Last edited by Five-0; 05-07-10 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Stupid should hurt. Good shot , Deputy. Go home and hug the wife and kids.
    Amen!
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Thread Information