Welcome to the APBWeb.
    iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO

Unhappy Four siblings killed in Ragley, La. house fire

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:19 PM EST

Four siblings who died in Ragley house fire identified

Posted: May 12, 2010 1:58 PM CDT Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:58 PM EST Updated: May 12, 2010 5:19 PM CDTWednesday, May 12, 2010 6:19 PM EST
    RAGLEY, LA (KPLC) Four little girls-- sisters-- are all dead after fire sweeps through a home in rural Beauregard Parish. It happened late last night. The coroner's preliminary findings indicate they all died from inhaling lethal levels of carbon monoxide.
    It's at 920 Felice Cutoff Road in Ragley where Amy and Michael LeBleu lived with their five children. But a fire which erupted sometime around 10:30 at night has claimed the lives of four of those children. Dead are twin girls 11 year old Kamryn and Keiley LeBleu; eight year old Kassandra LeBleu and one year old Adrianna LeBleu. Their mother managed to escape with her three year old son Michael and tried unsuccessfully to rescue the others.
    It's a loss that has devastated the community-- those who knew the family and those who did not like neighbor Pat Keller lives just down the road. "When I first arrived the firemen were setting up. They hadn't put water on the fire yet. There was a tremendous amount of black smoke and it was just coming over the peak of the roof."
    The loss of four young lives has devastated the community that now concerns itself with helping the survivors. Says Keller, "I just hope that these people that have been involved in this tragedy can find peace"
    At the Ragley Grocery the shock of the tragedy is having a ripple effect as far as people wanting to help. Store owner Pam Guidry says everyone wants to do something. "This is someone that we've known and seen the family grow up and right here at the end of school all this happening. All the neighborhood and families just trying to reach out to the family and help the best we can."
    It was firefighters who brought the children from the house and the chief admits it's going to take time for the firefighters to heal from that. Meadow Village Volunteer Fire Chief Mike Alleman: I could have gone my whole career here with the fire department without seeing this but I think it rocked all of us pretty hard."
    They are planning to arrange for counseling for firefighters. At this point the cause of the blaze is still under investigation by the State Fire Marshal.
    At last word, the mother of the children was still hospitalized for burns and smoke inhalation. The three year old son who survived is with family members.
    There are a number of efforts to raise money for the family: one of which is an account set up at Cameron State Bank.

Copyright 2010 KPLC. All rights reserved.

Four siblings who died in Ragley house fire identified - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

I just got news of this this morning.

I Knew Mike and Amy well. I first met them about 11 yrs ago when we all worked at a D.O.C. prison near the area that they lived. Amy was my first housing unit LT. Mike worked with me on the field lines and also joined the same Police Department that I went to after leaving the prison. Amy's mother was my dispatcher at that P.D. I lost contact with all of them after I moved from the area about 7yrs ago. I can not even imagine what they must be feeling right now. My prayers go out to them and also the police and firefighters who responded to that tragic scene. If anyone would like to make donations to the benefit accounts, send me a PM. There are two of them and I have the info for both.

Please pray for this family. They are really good people.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is so very sad. Thoughts and prayers en route.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm sorry to hear that
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-18-10, 07:03 PM

Thread Information