Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Peeping Tom Pays for Filming at MMA Fighters Home

Alleged Peeping Tom: "I picked the wrong house" - WJW

Kenneth Parkerson, 28, was arrested last week after police say he tried to video tape inside a couples home. What Parkerson did not know was the man inside the home was Ireneusz Fajkis, a mixed martial arts fighter. (May 17, 2010)
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

moggsp98 is offline Press HARD, 5 copies
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    In the words of "BIG" John McCarthy, famed UFC referee-----

ARE YOU READY?....ARE YOU READY?...... LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any day above ground is a fine day indeed!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIGEON, SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moggsp98 View Post
    In the words of "BIG" John McCarthy, famed UFC referee-----

ARE YOU READY?....ARE YOU READY?...... LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He used to be LAPD

Some other places this guy would have been shot
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Gotta love a little street justice...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He looks pretty good considering.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    He got just what he deserved.

Verified LEO
    The MMA fighter is apparently a fire fighter as well. Pines woman rescued -- by a virtual neighbor - Broward - MiamiHerald.com

The rubble pinned Mireille Dittmer on her knees. Cloaked in the darkness of the collapsed Port-au-Prince supermarket, the Pembroke Pines woman could hear the voices of other survivors.

``Jesus Christ will come for us,'' she assured them.

On the fifth day, Capt. Ireneusz Fajkis came for her.

The veteran firefighter, a member of Florida Task Force 2, had already helped clear the hole his fellow rescuers used to pull a man and a little girl from the destruction.

MORE SURVIVORS

They knew there were more survivors. Fajkis moved inside, shone his flashlight and began talking to another survivor, who saw his light.

He asked her to put her hand to the light.

It was Dittmer. She was 20 feet away, covered in debris.

A fallen ceiling light pinned Dittmer on one side, a metal shelf on another. Concrete hovered overhead. She had knelt down to protect herself, and was stuck on her knees as though in prayer.

Over and over, Dittmer recited Psalm 23, the one prayer she could remember by heart.

``The Lord is my shepherd. . .''

Fajkis knew their time was limited.

``I knew right there I could save her,'' he said.

Fajkis crawled through the hot and dusty space, pushing away the debris, cutting loose wires and crawling over a dead body. Other rescuers passed him cardboard, to form a protection for Dittmer, and he lined the hole with it as he moved.

Any wrong movement could cause a collapse. The small space's oxygen ran low, but adrenaline kept Fajkis moving.

He reached out, and grabbed her hand.

``We will get you out of here,'' he told her. ``It might take some time, but we will get you out.''

Piece by piece, Fajkis pulled away the chunks of debris from around Dittmer and passed them to the rescuer behind him. With every rock he took from her battered knees, she screamed in pain.

Fajkis did his best to distract her. He asked her how she felt. She told him about her two sons in the United States.

Then, needing to focus, he had to stop talking. And he issued a warning.

``I told her `This is going to be very painful, but there is nothing I can do about it. I have to straighten you out,' '' he said.

Fajkis lifted her up, then laid her flat onto the cardboard. The rescuers slid her out of the hole.

``I had tears in my eyes, and I said `Thank you, Jesus,' '' Dittmer recalled. ``Eric saw it. He told me afterward. He saw the tears.''

Paramedics took Dittmer to a makeshift hospital for treatment, then she was put on a flight to the United States.

Fajkis prepared for the next rescue.

Later someone told him the woman he had rescued was from Pembroke Pines and had been in Haiti on business. He had traveled nearly 700 miles and rescued someone who lived nine miles from his fire station.

GRATEFUL HUG

When his unit returned from Haiti, one of Dittmer's sons greeted him at Miami International Airport. Their mother was still hospitalized but recovering, he said, giving her rescuer a big hug.

Days later, Dittmer came to a task force meeting in Miami. She met all the members of the team that saved her. There were more hugs, and tears.

And all the memories of the rescue flooded back to Fajkis.

``I was back in the hole, except safe.'' he said, ``It's going to stay with me for the rest of my life.''

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I bet that Peeping Tom voyeur won't do that again.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Research is never a bad idea. Fortunately stupid people don't realize that.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My first thought? "Lucky boy"

Sure, he got his ass kicked. But what's worse than getting your ass kicked by someone who knows how to fight and deliver measured, controlled and non-lethal (unless they decide otherwise) blows in a fight?

Doubt he sees it that way though. Well, he went and said as much. Maybe next time some guy who has never been in a fight will cave his head in with a golf club. To which I can only suggest "follow through"

Thread Information