Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

Seattle cop gets screwed

Police: Officer reassigned after punching incident caught on camera - CNN.com

Watch the video....so, I guess what SPD's admin in saying is that if you have someone that's physically preventing you from arresting someone (pulling them away and coming after you) and then they put their hands up in a fighting stance, if you blast them in the face and hook them that you're in the wrong? WTF.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Resisting arrest is a lawful act now. News to me.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    I've been discussing this in another (sports) forum I'm a member of. There's another video that shows just how outnumbered this cop was, several other people advanced on him as he continued to fight with the woman that was resisting. I guess he was supposed to just stand there and get shoved around, maybe have his gun taken from him to be shot with?
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up

CNN now says he has not been reassigned and his actions are being "forcefully" defended by his union.
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    If you have a big enough pair to physically attack a cop, they'd better be big enough to take the thumpin' you're about to get.

Male OR female!!

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    One of the reasons for this bullshit is that the SPD Chief's job is up for grabs and the interim chief really wants the job....so anything out of the usual gets the media in a frenzy. One of the best candidates just dropped out beause he finally got a look at the political atmosphere up here. We aso just elected a dipshit for a mayor and he hasn't got a clue as to what to do next.

He was transferred to training but the local polls are showing over 75% of the community supports him. I suspect that it will all blow over after the talking heads move onto somethig else. I have seen the video several times and I think he showed some restraint.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    the local polls are showing over 75% of the community supports him.
    good...hopefully he ends up back doing what he wants where he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think the officer showed great restraint. Its a pity that the chief in Seattle is obviously a P.C. spineless stooge.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Nice to see that one of the guys pulled the girl in the pink away from the situation but he could have acted much sooner.

Resist the Police and you will go to jail.

Intervene with the Police and you will also go to jail. Waving your hands in front of a cops face is intervening in my book.

Police have 'number of concerns' about officer's punch | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Cop trainer: Officer was 'within scope of appropriate response' | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Cop Caught Hitting Girl In The Face: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17-Year-Old Female | World News | Sky News

The incident comes in the wake of recent allegations of brutality by Seattle officers, including the assault of an unarmed man on the ground and a teenage girl's assault in a cell - both captured on video.

Officials of two pressure groups who oppose police profiling of African-Americans convened a news conference to protest the officer's actions, even if they were a tactic taught in police training.

"That appears to be an overreaction to what appears to be a non-violent jaywalking situation," said James Kelly, president and CEO of the Urban League of Seattle.

"Unfortunately this seems to become too far and too often of the typical police response.

"The provocation of the 17-year-old may have presented a confrontation situation but the violence in the form of a full-blown fist to the face was wrong."
    What did you want him to do, hold her hand and sing Kumbaya?

Crap like this really pisses me off. Profiling my ass. LE in this area just went through losing 4 of their own a little over 6 months ago and lost another a few months prior. Don't you expect them to be just a bit on edge?

Don't break the law and you won't have these kind of problems. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity or gender. I think the officer showed great restraint. It could have gone much worse.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9w9AfptGGQ"]YouTube - Seattle Police Confrontation - komonews.com[/ame]

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I met him today, and he's a straight up good guy.

This will blow over.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Not that it has to be said to anyone in here...

But there is a complete lack of respect towards law enforcement officers at a time when their services are needed most. It shows in the record number of line of duty deaths and video taped incidents such as this. If anything I would hope that the officer was glad that it was taped so that RATIONAL people that watch it can see that he was in a situation that was not only escalating but could have lead to a more violent outcome. Kudos to him for handling a crappy situation in the best way possible.

I hope that the girl in pink was arrested also...
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    They both have priors for resisting and strong-arm robbery....charges dropped due to unwilling witness, or given deferrals.

I read one story saying she was 19, I was hoping she would be charged as an adult.

Latest PI poll was 85% in favor of the officer.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am happy to say that in most the areas I work that I would have had plenty of help in that situation.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's hit yahoo news and a surprising number of the comments are very supportive of the officer. Most who aren't are the standard cop haters and anarchists in general. With the mentality of the women taken into consideration I'm glad it was recorded in that they can't come back later and say the officer did more than just knock her in the snot locker.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Is it just me, or was anyone else a little P.O.'d that all these clowns were standing around trying to get videos on their cell-phones? What a bunch of ass-hats.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    It's hit yahoo news and a surprising number of the comments are very supportive of the officer. Most who aren't are the standard cop haters and anarchists in general. With the mentality of the women taken into consideration I'm glad it was recorded in that they can't come back later and say the officer did more than just knock her in the snot locker.
    You and me, both.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    Not that it has to be said to anyone in here...

But there is a complete lack of respect towards law enforcement officers at a time when their services are needed most. It shows in the record number of line of duty deaths and video taped incidents such as this. If anything I would hope that the officer was glad that it was taped so that RATIONAL people that watch it can see that he was in a situation that was not only escalating but could have lead to a more violent outcome. Kudos to him for handling a crappy situation in the best way possible.

I hope that the girl in pink was arrested also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdared View Post
    They both have priors for resisting and strong-arm robbery....charges dropped due to unwilling witness, or given deferrals.

I read one story saying she was 19, I was hoping she would be charged as an adult.

Latest PI poll was 85% in favor of the officer.
    This is from one of the KOMO links in my previous post. Booked means arrested, right?

That figures on the priors, Willow. Although I can say that I am not surprised on the charges dropped crap.

(BTW, nice to see you posting over here. Welcome Back!!!)

Both teens were cited for jaywalking. Levias (the 19 yr old) was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of obstructing an officer and released on her own recognizance. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday. The 17-year-old girl was booked into the Youth Service Center for investigation of assault of an officer.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    All of those jackasses standing there with camera phones and the general attitude of the whole crowd towards the officer does piss me right off. I would'nt want to be called MMQB but was there OC spray at his disposal, it did look like his hands were pretty busy though, maybe he couldnt risk taking a hand out of play long enough to get it out.

Either way, popping that girl in pink in the kisser I think made the rest of the crowd think twice before jumping in like she did.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post

Either way, popping that girl in pink in the kisser I think made the rest of the crowd think twice before jumping in like she did.
    It really WAS a thing of beauty, wasn't it?

One beautiful "pop to the chops" got everyone's attention.

(Was a shame he couldn't have gotten to the OC and gotten a little "overspray" into the crowd though.)

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The filmographer is famous in the area for carrying a camera around looking for these instances.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Around here ALL of them would have gone to jail via the hospital.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information