Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Forcing businesses to be politically correct?

Planning Commission balks at murals with hunter, no brown faces - Ukiah Daily Journal

Planning Commission balks at murals with hunter, no brown faces
    By JUSTINE FREDERIKSEN The Daily Journal
    Updated: 06/25/2010 04:45:20 PM PDT

After a lengthy discussion about whether the murals Pacific Outfitters wants on its building should include more local terrain, non-caucasian faces and exclude a gun-toting hunter, the Ukiah Planning Commission approved the business' permit for the paintings Wednesday night.

"None of the murals look the least bit local, or even represent Northern California, and the faces are too light," said commissioner Linda Helland, addressing applicant Brad Smith, one of the owners of the business at 955 N. State St. "I would suggest you represent Latinos and Native Americans."

The proposed six murals depict active, outdoor scenes such as snowboarders on a mountain, kayakers on a river and a man in a camouflage vest holding a rifle.

"The others seem more wholesome, (the one with the hunter) seems scary," said commission Chairwoman Judy Pruden, and fellow commissioner Anne Molgaard echoed her objections.

"I don't want the No. 1 way homicides are committed to be on the building," Molgaard said, adding that she wanted the permit to include a condition stating that if the use of the building changes and guns are no longer being sold inside, "the gun and hunter will be taken down."

More at link
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Rant incoming.

I love the comments on this article. They are a good read.

"None of the murals look the least bit local, or even represent Northern California, and the faces are too light," said commissioner Linda Helland, addressing applicant Brad Smith, one of the owners of the business at 955 N. State St. "I would suggest you represent Latinos and Native Americans."
    God, I hate Planning Commissions. Especially when they have liberals and illegals in their back pockets. Where do these women get off with their attitudes. Are they Latinos, Mexicans or Native Americans that married White men? Every single one of those surnames are European in origin. Are they just liberals who have been sucking down way too much Kool-Aid?

BTW, there are only three races on this Earth. Caucasian, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Latino, Mexican are ethnic groups of the Caucasian Race. Native Americans are indigenous people or possibly a fourth race. If I was taught correctly. Unless the Latinos and Mexicans have become so interspersed with the Native Americans that they are trying to claim that group.

Race (classification of human beings) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stand corrected.

Initially, scholars focused on cataloging and describing "The Natural Varieties of Mankind," as Johann Friedrich Blumenbach titled his 1775 text (which established the five major divisions of humans still reflected in some racial classifications, i.e., the Caucasoid race, Mongoloid race, Ethiopian race (later termed the Negroid race), American Indian race, and Malayan race).
    I have an idea for you idiots on the Planning Commission. Why don't you poll the residents of your city about those murals, instead of relying on your own self interests. Better yet, why don't you make it even and display all races if you are going to suggest that those particular ethnicities be included.

Pacific Outfitters is a sporting goods store. Hunting and Fishing are sports. They are also a way of life and a means of putting food on the table.

"The others seem more wholesome, (the one with the hunter) seems scary," said commission Chairwoman Judy Pruden, and fellow commissioner Anne Molgaard echoed her objections.
    "The one with the hunter seems scary" to you? Why don't you go visit San Francisco or Los Angeles and hang out with the gangbangers? They have guns, too. Now that's scary.

"I don't want the No. 1 way homicides are committed to be on the building," Molgaard said
    Hunters normally kill animals not people. If these women are relegating killing animals as homicide, I sure hope they are vegans. If a person is killed by a hunter, it is normally a hunter who got in the way of the shot of another hunter.

Homicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homicide (Latin: homicidium, Latin: homo human being + Latin: caedere to cut, kill) refers to the act of a human killing a human being.[1] A common form of homicide, for example, would be murder. It can also describe a person who has committed such an act, though this use is rare in modern English. Homicide is not always a punishable act under the criminal law, and is different than a murder from such formal legal point of view.
    I would much rather be around a hunter than a gangbanger. The hunter stands a better chance of knowing proper firearm safety than your typical gangbanger. Thus you are probably less apt to be killed by a hunter than a gangbanger.

Firearms don't kill people. People kill people. The firearm is just a tool. I suppose these women are against the Military or Law Enforcement having any weapons at all, too?

These women need to quit sucking down the Kool-Aid and toking up on the weed up there. They are a danger to society and themselves.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Good news. Two of those women have terms that expire in Nov 2010. I hope they are not re-elected.

City of Ukiah - Boards, Commissions and Committees

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Local is offline Alright meow, hand over your license
    Verified LEO
    I don't want the No. 1 way homicides are committed to be on the building
    Stupid liberal

I can't blame her, she doesn't know any better
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Local" on Officerresource.com.

Thread Information