Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

University of Georgia AD Arrested for DUI

Any sentence you start out with, "I'm not trying to bribe you, but" is a freaking bribe partner.

Click link for the whole story.

Police say Georgia Bulldogs athletic director Damon Evans urged against arrest for DUI - ESPN

Police report details Georgia AD's arrest

Associated Press

ATLANTA -- University of Georgia athletic director Damon Evans repeatedly referred to his position at the school before his arrest on a drunken driving charge and asked the patrol officer if there was "anything you can do without arresting me," according to a police report released Friday.
    Evans told the Georgia State Patrol officer several times he was the school's athletic director before he was arrested late Wednesday and charged with DUI and failure to maintain a lane, according to the report. Also arrested with him was 28-year-old Courtney Fuhrmann, who was charged with disorderly conduct.
    "I am not trying to bribe you but I am the athletic director of the University of Georgia," Evans said, according to the officer identified in the report as M. Cabe.
    The officer also said that Evans asked to be taken to a motel instead of jail or to be let off with a warning. According to the report, Evans later said: "I am not trying to bribe you, but is there anything you can do without arresting me?"
    In the report, the officer noted he found a "red pair of lady's panties between [Evans'] legs." When he asked Evans, a 40-year-old married father of two children, what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home," according to the report.
    Evans told the officer that Fuhrmann was nothing more than a friend, according to the report. But the officer said that Fuhrmann later told him that the two had been seeing each other for "only a week or so."
    "Just to let you know, it will be erased because he is the athletic director of UGA and he has that power," Fuhrmann told the officer, according to the report.
    She was charged with disorderly conduct after police said she repeatedly ignored warnings to stay inside the 2009 BMW while the trooper was conducting the field sobriety test and later acting "combative" in the back seat of the patrol car, according to the report.
    "I apologize and don't want to use my influence but she is trying to protect me," the officer said Evans told him.
    Fuhrmann told the Associated Press on Friday the charges against her are a "misunderstanding from what the media is portraying it as" but declined to speak further.
    Evans and his attorney Steve Weiner did not immediately return calls seeking comment, but Evans apologized for the incident during a news conference in Athens on Thursday and said he "failed miserably."
    "My behavior and my actions are not indicative of what we teach our student athletes," he said. "My actions have put a black cloud over our storied program."
    School president Michael Adams said in a statement Thursday he was extremely disappointed, but will not decide on disciplinary measures until there is a full review by the university staff and legal office. A UGA spokesman declined to comment Friday on the allegations in the police report.
    A bleary-eyed Evans told the officer he drank two vodka martinis at a restaurant and another at a nearby bar, according to the report. The officer noted that Evans had "red, bloodshot, watery eyes and droopy eyelids" and that he fumbled through his cards and dropped some of the items before he handed over his license.
    "I feel pretty good," he told the officer, before laughing for no apparent reason, according to the report. The trooper said Evans later told him: "We go through life and we all drink and jump in a car."
    Evans -- a former Georgia football player -- became head of the athletic department in 2004, replacing Vince Dooley, who was forced to step aside after a nasty spat with Adams. Dooley had been at the school for 40 years, including 25 years as athletic director.
    Evans became the Southeastern Conference's first black athletic director and immediately shook up the department. He bolstered the department's bottom line but also reduced the number of associate and assistant athletics directors and fired three of Dooley's longtime lieutenants.
    He was the public face of the school's athletic department, and starred in a taped message played at every home football game that urges fans not to drive under the influence. "If you drink and drive, you lose," he says.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home," according to the report.

Freakin wow. That's right up there with "these aren't my pants!"

What a way to screw yourself out of a job.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    I guess since drank and drove he lost...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Was she hot?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Was she hot?
    According to him, she was.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    So now he's out a job, a marriage, and a good reputation. Trifecta!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Am I the only one who thinks she's a guy on hormones?

I guess the trooper missed the part of the state code section that says athletic directors should be let off DWI's?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

I guess the trooper missed the part of the state code section that says athletic directors should be let off DWI's?
    I thought that was only in Alabama
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I thought that was only in Alabama

University of Georgia AD thank you very much.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well that cost him 550k a year:

Source: Georgia Bulldogs AD Damon Evans out after DUI arrest - ESPN

Full Story by clicking the link.

Source: Georgia AD Evans ousted
    EmailPrintComments
    By Mark Schlabach
    ESPN.com
    Archive
    ATHENS, Ga. -- University of Georgia athletics director Damon Evans has been relieved of his duties after he was charged with DUI on Wednesday night in Atlanta, a person familiar with the situation told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source said it was unclear whether Evans, 40, who was the first African-American athletics director in Southeastern Conference history, was fired by Georgia president Michael Adams or resigned his position.

ABC affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta first reported Evans' ouster.

Evans, who was hired to replace longtime Georgia athletics director and football coach Vince Dooley in 2004, was scheduled to begin a new five-year contract that would have paid him $550,000 annually.

"On Thursday night, I thought he would survive this," the UGA official said. "But after reading the police report, I didn't think he would be able to overcome it."

[+] Enlarge
    AP Photo/John Bazemore
    Georgia athletic director Damon Evans apologized for his DUI arrest in a news conference Thursday.
    The executive board of the Georgia Athletic Association is scheduled to hold a teleconference on Monday, the official said. The school is expected to put out a news release regarding Evans' future after that teleconference.

A Georgia coach told ESPN.com on Sunday that during a meeting with several Bulldogs coaches on Thursday, Evans said his relationship with the 28-year-old passenger in his car was "nothing more than friends."

"He wasn't forthcoming about his relationship with the woman," the UGA coach said.

The Bulldogs coach said he probably wouldn't have attended a Thursday news conference to show support for Evans if he had known the details of the arrest.

According to a police report released Friday, Evans repeatedly referred to his position at the school before being arrested.

"I am not trying to bribe you but I am the athletic director of the University of Georgia," Evans said, according to the officer identified in the report as M. Cabe.

Arrested along with Evans was 28-year-old Courtney Fuhrmann, who was charged with disorderly conduct.

The officer also said that Evans asked to be taken to a motel instead of jail or to be let off with a warning. According to the report, Evans later said: "I am not trying to bribe you, but is there anything you can do without arresting me?"

In the report, the officer noted he found a "red pair of lady's panties between [Evans'] legs." When he asked Evans, a married father of two children, what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home," according to the report.

Evans told the officer that Fuhrmann was nothing more than a friend, according to the report. But the officer said that Fuhrmann later told him that the two had been seeing each other for "only a week or so."

SEC blog
    ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
    College Football Nation

"Just to let you know, it will be erased because he is the athletic director of UGA and he has that power," Fuhrmann told the officer, according to the report.

She was charged with disorderly conduct after police said she repeatedly ignored warnings to stay inside the 2009 BMW while the trooper was conducting the field sobriety test and later acting "combative" in the back seat of the patrol car, according to the report.

"I apologize and don't want to use my influence but she is trying to protect me," the officer said Evans told him.

Fuhrmann told The Associated Press on Friday the charges against her are a "misunderstanding from what the media is portraying it as" but declined to speak further.

Evans apologized for the incident during a news conference in Athens on Thursday and said he "failed miserably." He also apologized to his wife, Kerri, who attended the news conference.

"My behavior and my actions are not indicative of what we teach our student athletes," he said. "My actions have put a black cloud over our storied program."

Evans said Thursday he hoped to keep his job, which he has held since July 2004. He acknowledged he had placed Adams in a predicament.

"Certainly this is not an example of the kind of leadership that I expect our senior administrators to set," Adams said in a statement.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    He certainly had his dumbass on.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What kills me is that if he'd just gone along with things, not caused a stink, he might still have his job.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well LSUFreak has found the dashcam footage for us. Lucky for him he was not charged with tampering with evidence.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Oh, here's something to make you smack your forehead.

Evans’ resignation is effective immediately, but he will still receive a portion of a five-year, $550,000 per year contract. He was given a $100,000 “longevity bonus” as well as three months pay from his new contract as severance pay.
    Evans gets $100,000, 3-months severance pay | The Augusta Chronicle
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

Thread Information