Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

The Internet is over

So sayeth Prince. Have fun reading books and spending time with your families (shudder)

Prince: The Internet is dead – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    The Internet's like MTV,” he told the mirror. “At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Who knows he may just be right. I doubt it, but you never know.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I am going to side with the Geek Squad...........they say shut your hole, Prince.......LOL
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I don't know, I doubt I could manage to navigate the internet when stoned either. So maybe for him, it is?

And I suck at anything resembling numbers so that part is just plain wrong.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Sour grapes, since he can not make any money selling albums then he does not want it going online for free.

Got to love some of those following comments.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What an idiot. Some people will cut their nose off despite their face.

Hey Prince, why don't you go and hang out with Michael Jackson and a few others of that ilk.

That's OK, no great loss, I don't listen to your music anyway.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Aegis is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    The irony of a "has been" like prince, talking about how MTV used to be hip and cool is just staggering.

I couldn't name a prince song that has been released since the early 90's.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    The irony of a "has been" like prince, talking about how MTV used to be hip and cool is just staggering.

I couldn't name a prince song that has been released since the early 90's.
    Neither can he.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Neither can he.
    dang it, now I have to get a paper towell and wipe of my screen...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Pop star P*ince will be giving away his new album "2oTen" with newspapers in Europe. The "Purp|e Rain" singer, who released his 2007 album "P|anet Earth" as a free CD with Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper, has teamed up with a handful of European publications to expand the idea in July - to coincide with planned concerts on the continent.
    No reference given since whoever wrote up this version was just reprinting a press release.

Whole "internet is dead" crap is just a PR stunt. Quit talking about it, the more we do the more we help him. In other news, the color red is dead, as reported by buygreen.com

Pay no attention to the man behind the purple curtain.

Edited to avoid trivial SEO boosting.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    He's never been quite right in the head.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    LOL, he expected iTunes to pay him for his songs in advance, before they knew if anyone would buy them?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    This weirdo can't even make up his name what he wants to be called. First it was "Prince", then " ", or "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince" or "TAFKAP"or "The Artist". Now it's supposed to be Prince again? The guy is seriously whacked out of his mind.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    This weirdo can't even make up his name what he wants to be called. First it was "Prince", then " ", or "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince" or "TAFKAP"or "The Artist". Now it's supposed to be Prince again? The guy is seriously whacked out of his mind.
    I have to admit, his choice in alternate operating names has me baffled. His former record company took his name from him, and when he left them he wasn't allowed to use his name for his music so he chose a different one. I get that part. Why in hell he chose a symbol and got all seriously strange with it is beyond me. Hell, Johnny Cougar successfully transitioned to John Mellencamp, so wtf was Prince thinking? I mean, yes, his real name IS Prince (which should be a title or a dog's name, IMHO) but he could have gone by something less bizarre. He left a lot of his fans scratching their heads and walking away with that shit. 1999 and Let's Go Crazy are still favorite songs but when he went all wacko I quit listening.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I have to admit, his choice in alternate operating names has me baffled. His former record company took his name from him, and when he left them he wasn't allowed to use his name for his music so he chose a different one. I get that part. Why in hell he chose a symbol and got all seriously strange with it is beyond me. Hell, Johnny Cougar successfully transitioned to John Mellencamp, so wtf was Prince thinking? I mean, yes, his real name IS Prince (which should be a title or a dog's name, IMHO) but he could have gone by something less bizarre. He left a lot of his fans scratching their heads and walking away with that shit. 1999 and Let's Go Crazy are still favorite songs but when he went all wacko I quit listening.
    Wasn't it Johnny Cougar, then John Cougar Mellencamp, then John Mellencamp? IIRC he was using all three names there for a few years. At least his names made sense.

Little Red Corvette, Delirious, Purple Rain, When Doves Cry are a few others that come to mind off the top on my head. I think 1986 was about the time he went wacko. I don't recognize any of his songs after that date.

I guess we can fault his father for giving him the name Prince. Seems like his father was wacko, too. Maybe we should just call him Skipper. I guess Roger Nelson was too boring for him.

Prince Rogers Nelson was born June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to John L. Nelson and Mattie Shaw.[12] Prince's father was a pianist and songwriter and his mother was a jazz singer. Prince was named after his father, whose stage name was Prince Rogers, and who performed with a jazz group called the Prince Rogers Trio. In a 1991 interview with A Current Affair, Prince's father said, "I named my son Prince because I wanted him to do everything I wanted to do."[13] Prince's childhood nickname was Skipper.[14]
    Prince (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a LEO

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Prince is still alive? I thought that was a picture of Halle Berry.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Thread Information