Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Signal_W Guest

Kentucky Officer Apologizes For MySpace Posting

One of six Lexington police officers has apologized for content posted on a shared MySpace website. The derogatory comments and images regarding minorities, crime suspects and the Lexington community provoked an internal investigation by the city's police department, and impending disciplinary action.

Gene Haynes was one of two officers initially relieved of duty. He recently posted the following apology on his personal MySpace website:

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone whom I may have offended with any comments, statements or photographs that I posted. In no way were my actions meant to be harmful, malicious or offensive to anyone. My actions were not wantonly meant to upset or offend anyone and I deeply regret them. To those whom I may have been offended or brought discredit to, please accept this, my apology to you."

The Lexington Herald-Leader reported all six were administratively charged with a variety of violations including interfering with a criminal case, acting in a way that does not reflect favorably on the division and breaking guidelines officers are required to follow when making public statements about their jobs.

The police department began investigating the Web sites on March 20, when another police officer informed a supervisor about the sites.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've always thought that instead of taking your bitch to personnel, or the brass, go to the officer themselves and bring it up. But, that's just me....

Either way, what he posted on the internet was stupid
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information