Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Staged Fight to Bait Indy Officer

You have got to f'ing kidding me. If these asshats want a teachable moment I think it would be found in seven to eight figure civil suit I would bring afterwards. Click link for the full story:

Police: Officer Baited In Altercation That Injured Him - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Sgt. Matthew Grimes was asked to give a presentation to a church audience on July 24 at Municipal Gardens, in the 1800 block of Lafayette Road.
    During the presentation, an altercation broke out in the crowd, and Grimes intervened. The officer was thrown to the ground and drew his Taser, ready to stun one of the people involved, police said.
    At that point, someone stepped in and told the officer that the incident had been concocted to test the reaction of the officer to the situation, police said. Grimes suffered severe back spasms after the incident and was taken to Methodist Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This was stupid on so many levels. Someone needs to be charged with assault on PO and then a civil suit needs to be filed.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    This was stupid on so many levels. Someone needs to be charged with assault on PO and then a civil suit needs to be filed.
    I agree completely.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    How stupid are they.

Multiple people fighting though I'd spray spray and step away.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Agreed.

Did you notice the list of previous articles after this one? They weren't happy to get one officer fired, they had to try and go after more.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Absolutely. The park organizers are S and need to be

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    This, this, this, this, and this! Charges Better be brought against the people involved in staging this!
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Charge the people involved in the fight, charge the guy who knocked the officer down, and charge the dingbats who organized the event (the fake fight specifically) for aiding all of the above.

Morons.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information