Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Ex-Met commander Ali Dizaei accused of assault in jail

The former Metropolitan Police commander Ali Dizaei has been accused of assaulting another man in jail.

But he has claimed he was the victim of a racist attack by his cellmate at Prescoed prison in Monmouthshire.

The 47-year-old has been transferred to another jail for his own safety.

Dizaei was sentenced to four years in February after being convicted of misconduct and perverting the course of justice. He tried to frame a man after they fell out over money.

The Prison Service said two inmates in Prescoed claimed "they were the victim of an assault by the other" on Sunday.

"Neither prisoner required treatment in hospital," said a spokesperson.

"Due to the nature of the ongoing police investigation, one prisoner has been transferred to another prison."

Dizaei is taking his case to the Court of Appeal.

He believes he has grounds to prove his trial was unfair and that his jail term was too harsh.

A senior judge ruled in June that he had no grounds for an appeal.

BBC News - Ex-Met commander Ali Dizaei accused of assault in jail

I have no idea how big a pack of race cards this bloke has but when ever the shit hits the fan he chucks them around.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I imagine there is a very long queue of people in the"punch Dizaei in the face" line.
    I expect to hear of more incidents.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Motorcop - Off gthe subject, but I got a question about Englands license plates. I am a fan of some English car shows and they mention the cars tags when talking about insurance, value. Also, some of the tags are different colors. Could you take a few moments and explain, if there is anything to explain. Thanks

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    All cars here are given a unique number when first registered.
    It depends what system was in place during that period as to the actual format.
    For the last 40-50 yrs or so the number has in some way related to the area it is registered in and the year of registration.
    For a while ways back a letter represented the year refrence, that letter being at the start of the number and then when the alphabet ran out switching to the end of the number.
    When the alphabet ran out again in 2001 we started to use the year of manufacture in the number.
    Then it was decided that there would be two occasions in the year when registrations would change.
    Cars in the second half of the year have 5 added to the year (59 for the latter part of 2009) told you it was complicated.

However I think what the enthusiats are refering to is the change from silver on a black background plates in 1973 to black on yelllow for the rear plate and black on white for the front plate.

Somehow cars with the silver on black are seen as more desirable. Some people put them on post 73 vehicles to try and age them more. Thay get a fix it ticket from me!

Oh, but you can also get personalised plates if you find the correct donor vehicle or apply for one from the licencing authority(at a cost) The more unique the number the higher the price of the plate.
    Some plates go for many thousands of pounds.

Or you can get a Northern Ireland plate put onto your car on the mainland if you fill out the right forms and pay "The Man"! The attraction of those is that they are not age related so people put them on vehicles to disguise there actual age.

Hope that helps!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post
    . Thay get a fix it ticket from me!
    Errmm.... where is it you patrol? You know, just in case my 1977 Spitfire was to go further afield, and you just happened to see it. Nothing to do with ageing it, they just look nicer with the BRG colour.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quite a colorful, detailed, and interesting explanation, now you've got me googling stuff.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If two convicted criminals beat each other up are we supposed to give a damn?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information