Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Charge: iPod thief exposes self, threatens clerk with 'flesh-eating bacteria'

A Seattle man is facing assault charges on allegations that he exposed himself to a Radio Shack clerk, brandished a knife and threatened to expose the man to flesh-eating bacteria.

According to police reports regarding the Jan. 16 incident, a clerk at the 3rd Avenue electronics store spotted Anthony Joseph Urga attempting to steal two iPod Nano players. When the clerk and another employee confronted Urga, the man returned the iPods but refused to open his backpack to see whether he was attempting to steal additional items.

"Urga then proceeded to plead with (the clerk) to allow him to leave, because he was sick," a Seattle police detective said in a June 9 affidavit. "When (the clerk) said no, Urga dropped his pants exposing his penis and stated that he had a 'flesh eating bacteria' and that he would expose (the clerk)."

Charge: iPod thief exposes self, threatens clerk with 'flesh-eating bacteria'
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I can see this being a catch 22 situation.

Suspect pulls a knife and is arrested. Jail refuses suspect due to an unspecified medical condition. Suspect is taken to a hospital where he promptly leaves. $50,000 warrant is issued for suspects arrest.
    If he is arrested....
    Jail refuses suspect due to an unspecified medical condition. Suspect is taken to a hospital where he promptly leaves. $50,000 warrant is issued for suspects arrest.
    If he is arrested....
    Jail refuses suspect due to an unspecified medical condition. Suspect is taken to a hospital where he promptly leaves. $50,000 warrant is issued for suspects arrest.
    If he is arrested....

Well, you get the idea.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    around here when they are taken to the hospital they are still in custody. An officer is usually watching them as they get a clearence then takes them to the jail for booking.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What should have been said was "Oh, so that's why your junk is so small, the flesh eating bacteria ate it!"
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information