Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Street performers dressed as superheroes protest at city hall about LAPD arresting them for aggressive soliticiation and sidewalk blocking

Following that recent lawsuit against the city, a handful of characters showed up in front of City Hall today to protest recent arrests by the Los Angeles Police Department. Although the City Council is on recess, Superman aka Christopher Dennis showed off his recent arrest citation to the press, while The Hulk aka Joe McQueen, argued that a screening and permitting process should be in place to allow well-behaved characters the right to make an "honest living" on Hollywood Boulevard, a process that would also weed out the more violent performers and those who "don't know their own character," according to McQueen. "It hurts me to see a Spiderman who doesn't know his lines. The tourists will quiz you." Additionally, he says that some characters are "bringing their own personal problems" to the boulevard.

More here: Superheroes Head to City Hall to Protest Hollywood Boulevard Crackdown : Characters Wanted : Curbed LA

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've read some Wambaugh books that reference the LA street characters but I never realized how real they really are.

What a bunch of dorks.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    A recent Joe Wambaugh novel is Hollywood Station. The author gives the wanna-be comic book characters some descriptive 'exposure'.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    A recent Joe Wambaugh novel is Hollywood Station. The author gives the wanna-be comic book characters some descriptive 'exposure'.

I first learned about them in "Hollywood Crows."
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information