Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Another Oil Rig Explosion.

CNN and FOX news reporting that an Oil rig exploded 80 miles off Louisiana coast; 12 people reported overboard and one missing, the Coast Guard says.

UPDATE: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02...ident-in-gulf/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/02...uisiana-coast/

Posted at 11:43 a.m.] U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Bill Colclough tells CNN that all 13 workers involved in the rig explosion are accounted for, but one person is injured.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Glad no one died.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That no off shore drilling moratorium will stick out like a sore thumb now.

Second Gulf spill puts moratorium back in question

Just when America's ban on offshore exploration seemed like it might end, another disaster in the Gulf of Mexico put Big Oil back on the defensive.

An offshore production platform owned by Mariner Energy Inc. caught fire Thursday morning about 200 miles west of BP's blown-out well. The incident raised more doubts in Congress about the risks of offshore drilling.

"This explosion highlights the significant risks associated with offshore drilling, and that much is left to be done to keep America's workers and waters safe from those risks," U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass., said in a statement.

The Obama administration had been mulling a quick end to its drilling moratorium, now that BP has brought its leaking well under control. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the Mariner explosion shouldn't affect a decision on the ban, and he would not link it with BP's well.

"At this point based on what we know I don't want to marry those two up," Gibbs said.

Everyone else will, however, said Fadel Gheit, an analyst with Oppenheimer & Co.

Second Gulf spill puts moratorium back in question - BusinessWeek
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    As usual, the media gets it wrong - - - AGAIN.

Latest reports from the Coast Guard were that there was NO explosion, only a fire of as yet undetermined origin. The fire was quickly brought under control.

There is NO oil spill as this is not a working drilling rig, but a workover rig that is just maintaining two pipelines bringing oil to refineries on shore.

There were NO missing workers (as originally reported), and of the thirteen men on the rig, one had minor injuries. All 13 were rescued, transported to a hospital and have since all been released.

However, Lew's post is absolutely correct. Here we go with the moratorium - - - again.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Damn hippies won't allow drilling on the mainland.
    So much for Independence from foreign oil at the rate the damn Libtards are running things in this country.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Thread Information