Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Don't ask/don't tell unconstitutional

Foxnews ticker is reporting a federal jugde has ruled the ban on openly gay service members is unconstitutional. Currently no article linked to it.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

found article

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- A federal judge in Southern California has declared the U.S. military's ban on openly gay service members unconstitutional.
    U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips on Thursday granted a request for an injunction halting the government's "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military.
    Phillips says the policy doesn't help military readiness and instead has a "direct and deleterious effect" on the armed services.
    The lawsuit was the biggest legal test of the law in recent years and came amid promises by President Barack Obama that he will work to repeal the policy.
    Government lawyers argued Phillips lacked the authority to issue a nationwide injunction and the issue should be decided by Congress.
    The injunction was sought by the Log Cabin Republicans, a 19,000-member group that includes current and former military members

FOXNews.com - Federal Judge Rules Military's Gay Ban Unconstitutional

I personally think it's about damn time. I don't see how restricting a group of people for no other reason then whom they have sex and have relationships with, and who are otherwise qualified and willing to serve, makes any sense.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    You don't say.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    I personally think it's about damn time. I don't see how restricting a group of people for no other reason then whom they have sex and have relationships with, and who are otherwise qualified and willing to serve, makes any sense.
    I agree.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information