Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I left Al Qaeda because they refused to pay healthcare, says Osama bin Laden's former pilot

A former member of Al Qaeda has claimed that he left the terror group after they failed to pay for his pregnant wife's medical bills.
    L'Houssaine Kherchtou testified at a terrorism trial in New York on Wednesday that he was disgruntled at the lack of health care and later began helping a U.S. investigation into two embassy bombings in Africa.

Kherchtou, 46, gave evidence at the trial of Ahmed Ghailani who is accused of helping Al Qaeda in the 1998 attacks that killed 224 people including 12 U.S. citizens.
    Prosecutors claim the Moroccan national helped to purchase the truck that was used to deliver the bomb to the embassy in Dar es Salaam that killed 11 people in its explosion.
    Kherchtou testified that he joined the terrorist group in 1991 and later became Osama bin Laden's pilot after taking flying lessons and working his way up from training camp instructor.

Kherchtou told the jury on Wednesday that he has pleaded guilty to conspiring with bin Laden to kill U.S. citizens but has not been sentenced.
    He claimed that he could get away with no prison time at all if he continues to help the U.S. government with its investigations of Al Qaeda.
    Although facing a long prison sentence for his crimes, he said that prosecutors have agreed to write to the judge who is due to sentence him to ask for a lenient sentence in return for his information.

After a series of unnamed intelligence officers came to Kherchtou, he said he agreed to cooperate with the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office in 2000 who were aware of his links with Al Qaeda.
    Kherchtou denied having known of the attacks before they happened and that he was in Nairobi for a job interview as a pilot on the day the U.S. embassy was bombed.

Well that makes being associated with one of the most efficient and deadliest terror organizations all better now doesn't it?

Read more: Osama bin Laden's ex-pilot 'left Al Qaeda because they wouldn't pay healthcare' | Mail Online
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    What he really means is that he got tired of dodging Reapers armed with Hellfire Missles.

Good call, dude.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    At least he has healthcare in prison....

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    So this guy actually learned how to LAND the plane. Gotcha.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information