Welcome to the APBWeb.
    KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO

Suspicious packages found on UPS aircraft

Federal authorities were stepping up aviation security precautions after cargo planes were grounded at two U.S. airports in response to suspicious packages that may have been part of a "dry run" for a future Al Qaeda plot.

One of the packages, found on a UPS plane at East Midlands Airport in central England, contained what looked like a toner cartridge with white powder and wires coming out of it. Another package was found at a FedEx facility in Dubai.

Both packages originated in Yemen and may have been sent by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which is based in the country

Authorities Investigating Several Suspicious Packages That Originated From Yemen - FoxNews.com

This time terrorists are targeting cargo, just as many have suspected would happen. I handle cargo on a daily basis on my passenger airline, and it's already a pain in the a** due to all the security we have to do on all cargo shipments....I can only imagine what will happen now...
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    They transferred the suspect package to a police helicopter at East Midlands airport!

Doh!!!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Thread Information