Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

No one seems to know where mysterious missile launched near L.A. came from

Nothing like an unexplained missile launch to ruin a perfectly good coastal sunset.
    That was the unsettling reflection that many residents in the Los Angeles area were forced to entertain Monday evening as they gazed out over the ocean and into the storied Southern California sky. All at once, the vista was disrupted by a large missile streaming across the horizon. Nor were area residents especially comforted when they consulted local news outlets about the episode, only to learn that no one seemed to know to whom the missile belonged.
    A KCBS traffic helicopter captured the projectile on camera last night, but the Navy and Air Force claimed to know nothing of any planned launch when contacted by KFMB, a CBS affiliate in San Diego.
    "We put in a lot of calls to the Navy and Air Force tonight," the station's Marcella Lee said. "But so far, no one seems to know anything about this launch."
    "It's spectacular. It takes people's breath away," former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and former Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Ellsworth told the station after viewing the video. Ellsworth could offer little in the way of speculation about the projectile's origins, beyond supposing that it looked to be an American show of force, but he did classify it as "a big missile." Various reports say that the missile was launched roughly 35 miles out to sea, west of L.A. and north of Catalina Island.

No one seems to know where mysterious missile launched near L.A. came from | The Upshot Yahoo! News
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Dont worry, Obama will take care of it. If not, Chuck Norris will
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Maybe someone stuck a bottle rocket up Rosie O'Donnell's....nevermind.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Some form of special ops or para-military unit playing with their toys I expect and got caught out.

Or North Korea
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Somewhere, someone said, ''So what's this button do?'' ''Oh shit!''
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Well, folks....there are only a few people who can do an underwater launch.....and only one of those people have any business 35 miles off our coast...sooooo...I'd love to hear what really happened.

Maybe someone should go to Bangor Sub Base and start counting missles.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah, they know more than they're saying. I don't buy the "Shaggy defense" (aka..."It wasn't me")
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It is entirely possible is was flight 808.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Sure looks like a sub launch ballistic missile booster in the link provided below. The shape fits a silo or sub launched type rocket. The Navy Standard missile off an AEGIS ship is pointy and slender. That thick dense plume is not contrail water vapor from a jet airliner as the FEds are tryig to call it. A fast moving aircraft crosses the trail at about 0.31 sec. The rocket motor cuts out at apprx 0.40 seconds and you can see the mach+ shock wave on the vehicle as it coasts to apogee.

That is no airplane. My guess is it came from vicinity of San Nicholas Island 75 miles west of LAX and going in the direction of NAS Pt.Mugu, or Vandenberg AFB.

Is official govt. lying in our face a part of this nebulous "change" we are having inflicted upon us? I thought that went away after Waco and Ruby Ridge...Time for the "O" to create a new cabinet seat "Commissar of Thruth".

Waiting with my tinfoil hat with corner reflectors, for the 3AM knock on my door. ..........

Mysterious missile launched off California coast?
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Verified LEO
    Since that is a VERY BIG missle, the next question is.....where did that bitch come down? If anyone was even remotely close, they should have seen or heard it....and if it was an accidental launch...Norad should have it's trajectory and predicted splash down location.

And if it was accidental, some sub skipper is looking for a new job. An unadvertised missle launch that close to our shores should have sent the entire Air Defense Command into a shit hemorrage.....

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just surprises me that a missile launch off our coast is causing more questions than answers. It also seems strange that more noise isn't being made about it. The shit we don't know and the shit that is swept under the radar is just a little scary.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't mean to burst anyone's conspiracy bubble, but there is a blogger with a photo that looks just like that taken at the same spot 24 hours later, right as the same flight departs.

I have no idea if he's right, but it looks damn covincing. He also has a cogent explanation about why the contrail appears vertical from a certain angle.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    I don't mean to burst anyone's conspiracy bubble, but there is a blogger with a photo that looks just like that taken at the same spot 24 hours later, right as the same flight departs.

I have no idea if he's right, but it looks damn covincing. He also has a cogent explanation about why the contrail appears vertical from a certain angle.
    Can you provide a link? Thanks.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    Ummmmm.....No!

Car 4

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile

Although the U.S. Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command have speculated publicly that the unidentified contrail of a projectile soaring into the skies off the California coast and recorded by a KCBS television crew came from a jet and posed no security threat to the U.S., several experts are raising provocative and disturbing questions about the government's official response, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.
    Two governmental military experts with extensive experience working with missiles and computer security systems have examined the television video and conclude the mysterious contrail originating some 30 miles off the coast near Los Angeles did not come from a jet but rather, they say the exhaust and the billowing plume emanated from a single source nozzle of a missile, probably made in China.
    They further suggest the missile was fired from a submerged Chinese nuclear submarine off America's coast, and point out that the timing of the alleged Chinese missile shot coincided with an increasing confrontation between the U.S. and China, and was likely meant to send a message to Washington.
    Indeed, the Federal Aviation Administration documents that there were no aircraft flying in the area at that time, the night of Nov. 8.
    (Story continues below)

"The question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail," said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Jim Cash.
    A former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and commander of an F-15 squadron and an F-16 wing, Cash was assigned to NORAD as an assistant director of operations at the Cheyenne Mountain complex near Colorado Springs, Colo., and is fully knowledgeable of NORAD procedures.
    "There is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star general in minutes, and passed to the president immediately," he said.
    Even more ominously, cautioned Cash: "We must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The president was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out-of-control deficit in spending."
    Wayne Madsen, a former naval officer who has worked at the National Security Agency and the Naval Data Automation Command, said the inability to pick up what he described as a Chinese Jin-class submarine-launched ballistic missile isn't the first time U.S. Navy anti-submarine warfare sensors have failed.

More at link below.
    Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    Yea...it's an airplane.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    There are several rumors originating from ex-defense engineers that it is a missile because there's no evidence of a multi-exhaust port. It appears to be a single nozzle, and the amount of smoke appears to be an aluminum-based rocket motor (like the space shuttle and many ballistic missiles have). An airliner would which would produce a dual-column merged con trail of less density, not a single-column dense one like this with no evidence that it was ever dual-column coming from the exhaust or from preassure differentials of two wings. The contrails from wings are usually much more whispy also, so it was probably from an engine, which makes it more likely to me a missile than if it were wing trails.

Some of the Internet rags like WorldNetDaily are reporting that the Chinese did a demo firing because Obama was criticizing their money policy while at the overseas summit, plus the always-present Taiwan problem. Also, the President approved the cover story of it being an airliner that previously had not been reported, because the US military did not react, which would have been bad if it had landed on California.

Sounds like a believable theory, but probably very little evidence other than conjecture. A few experiments would be in order, especially since when conditions are perfect for con trails, you don't just get one - Every plane in that area at that altitude and speed would have made a con trail.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information