Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Another installment of "Making the criminal the victim"

MANSFIELD -- "Ninety-five yard, pic 6" were the last words Reginald F. Whitson exchanged with Ray Tate.

"It means the Saints' defense just picked off the other team and ran it for a touchdown," a smiling Tate said of the text message from his friend.
    The text message from Whitson to Tate, 33, came in around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
    Just 90 minutes later, Whitson was fatally shot in the backyard of 261 Superior St., just a block and a half from his home.
    Mansfield police Detective John Wendling said officers were pursuing Whitson, 33, after noticing he fit the description of a man who robbed two others of their cash and a jacket that evening

Police ID shooting victim, officers | mansfieldnewsjournal.com | Mansfield News Journal

If you're bored, and need to remind yourself just how clueless society can be, take a little looky at the comments in the article.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "He's been in trouble for little things in the past, and if someone tried to stop him for something, he might take off running."
    No way.

Friends say Whitson did not own a gun, but did have access to one.
    Could you put that in writing for me please. Thanks. Sign here.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "He had no death wish. He was happy. He ... was turning his life around. He was a good man who didn't deserve to die."

+

"According to authorities, when Whitson turned and pointed a gun at officers, patrolmen Michael Napier, Sara Mosier and Sgt. Ken Carroll fired at him. Whitson died on scene."

=

LOGIC FAIL!!!!

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And new article...

Mansfield police shooting: Dead man's roommate identifies gun | mansfieldnewsjournal.com | Mansfield News Journal

MANSFIELD -- Greg Longood's heart sunk when he opened his bedroom dresser drawer Monday night.

The .45-caliber pistol he'd owned for five years was missing.
    "As far as I know, he'd never taken my gun before," the Mansfield man said of his roommate Reginald F. Whitson. The pair met 10 years ago while working in the Mansfield News Journal press room.
    But Whitson, 33, had taken it Sunday night.
    According to Mansfield police, around 7 p.m., numerous officers were on Superior Street after reports of shots fired in the area.
    Shortly thereafter, a man ran up to a cruiser and reported he and a friend had just been robbed of money and a jacket.
    Police soon spotted Whitson, who fit the description of a robbery suspect, and after a short foot pursuit, patrolmen Mike Napier, Sara Mosier Napier and Sgt. Ken Carroll shot and killed him after Whitson reportedly pointed a gun at them.
    Whitson died at the scene, the back yard of 261 Superior St. The three officers involved are on administrative leave, a standard procedure in shooting cases.
    Detective John Wendling said the officers likely would be brought in to provide statements today.
    Wendling confirmed Thursday the gun Whitson carried was registered to Longood.
    "Well I didn't feel betrayed by him or anything, or guilty for having it, since he was a grown man and made the decision to take it," Longood said. "But I also realize that if I had locked it up or had a trigger lock, then my friend would still be alive.
    "When I noticed it missing, I instantly knew that Reg must have taken it for a reason only he knows."
    OOPSIE...

Be interested to see what the thug-huggers try to spin now.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Um....Ok....Let's see now..... (rolling through the excuse and conspiracy rolodex)

And the winner is.......

I don't know. I haven't found one yet. Give me sec.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

takedown is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    morons. That paper has never had a pro law enforcement viewpoint. I live 20 min from mansfield. It's almost a war zone in places. Unreal...

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I don't even read the comments on most news stories anymore. Especially if they deal with a police action. Most of the posters don't have a clue and all it does is irk me.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information