Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Sisters released from life sentences on the condition that one donate a kidney to the other

Two Mississippi sisters who have spent 16 years in prison over an $11 armed robbery will be released with an unusual stipulation: One must donate a kidney to the other.

Gov. Haley Barbour, who suspended their sentences, said Wednesday that Gladys Scott, 36, must donate a kidney to her sister, Jamie, 38.

Each of the Scott sisters got two life sentences after they were convicted by a jury of robbing two people near the town of Forest.

Although they would be eligible for parole in 2014, the Department of Corrections "believes the sisters no longer pose a threat to society" and their incarceration is no longer necessary for rehabilitation, Barbour said in a statement.

Jamie Scott's kidney dialysis treatment creates a substantial cost to the state, said Barbour.
    More here: Kidney donation a condition of sisters' release in Mississippi - CNN.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    From the article it sounds like justice has been served and this is the right move.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information