Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Authorities Search for Suspect in Wayne Co. Double Murder

WAYNE COUNTY, Ohio -- Authorities are searching for a suspect wanted for questioning in a double homicide.

The Wayne County Sheriff's office tells Fox 8 News, Rodney R. Stutzman, 32, is a suspect in the murder of his parents at their home on Harrison Road.

Sheriff Thomas G. Maurer says Mervin Stutzman, 66, and his wife, Viola Stutzman, 65, were shot to death in the basement of the home.

The couple's older son, who lives in Indiana, called the sheriff's department at 9:30 a.m. Thursday morning asking for deputies to check on his parents, whom he had not spoken to in some time.

When police arrived at the home they found the couple murdered. It is not known how long the couple had been deceased.

Sheriff Mauer described the crime scene as "gruesome".

Authorities say Stutzman is likely armed and should be considered dangerous. Sheriff Mauer says Stutzman's older brother informed authorities that Rodney had recently returned from serving in the military overseas.

Authorities Search for Suspect in Wayne Co. Double Murder - WJW
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    WAYNE COUNTY, Ohio
    A suspect who had been wanted for questioning in a double homicide has been arrested, Fox 8 News reports.

The Wayne County Sheriff's Office tells Fox 8 News that Rodney R. Stutzman, 32, was arrested near Beckley, W.Va.

Stutzman is a suspect in the murder of his parents at their home on Harrison Road in Wayne County.

Sheriff Thomas G. Maurer says Mervin Stutzman, 66, and his wife, Viola Stutzman, 65, were shot to death in the basement of the home.

Wayne County Double Murder Suspect is Arrested - WJW
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information