Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Cremains mistaken for drugs

SILVER SPRINGS, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Marion County Sheriff's deputies on Tuesday arrested five burglary suspects stemming from an investigation which began last month.
    The victim in the burglary said she returned to her home on Locust Lane in the Silver Springs Shores to discover that several items were missing. Some of the items included electronics and jewelry, but what she found most troubling, was the theft of her late father's ashes and the ashes of her two Great Danes.
    During the investigation, detectives learned that the ashes were taken because the suspects mistook the cremains for either cocaine or heroin. It was soon discovered that the suspects snorted some of the ashes believing they were snorting cocaine.

Cremains mistaken for drugs
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    We had something similar only it was the POlice that was mistaken. While executing a search warrant a couple officers thought they "hit the mother load" when they found a baggy of powder. The baggy was in a wooden box along with a razor blade. The officers thought it was odd that the powder fizzed in the test kit. They were going to seize it anyway when they confronted by a resident of the house looking for his mothers ashes.

Thread Information