Welcome to the APBWeb.
    chris2001 is offline Captain

Students have Gone Nuts

Welcome to Calexico

Claim: Photograph shows a Mexican national flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag during a high school student protest over immigration reform.

The MHS web site now carries a notice on its opening page advising visitors that:
    We have received many phone calls and E-mails about the reports that Montebello High School students put up a Mexican flag and took down the American flag this past Monday. MONTEBELLO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS DID NOT TAKE PART. Students from the El Rancho HIGH School District and the Whittier Union High School District took part in this action. Our Administration, Staff, and students do not condone this action. We hope this clarifies the situation.

Subject: American flag v. Mexican flag at CA. high school--disgusting public acts

THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND
    By Michelle Malkin March 29, 2006 01:15 AM

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks.
    You should.

03/28 : Student protest in Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.
    (Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)

More:

Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill
    Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail. Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray". Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
    PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    That city is just a few miles up the road from me. I understand the idea of freedom of speech however, they are in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and should respect the AMERICAN flag. I bet there would be a riot in Mexico if this were to happen there.

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan
    I bet there would be a riot in Mexico if this were to happen there.
    No, Mexico would just make it illegal, punishible by imprisonment.

Just like it's illegal for US nationals to cross illegally into Mexico. Those caught are subject to a six year prison term.

Something Mexican nationals are vehemently protesting the US enacting.

Figure that one out....

FishTail Guest
    Wonder if they know that an upside down flag is a symbol of distress?

Anyway, what's the deal with the stuff I'm hearing about Mexicans saying the south-west US belongs to them?

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Have you been down here lately?? Thats what it looks like. The hispanic community over here has exploded.

FishTail Guest
    Not yet I haven't. Are they really saying it should be part of Mexico?

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    The first pic with our Flag upside down summed it all up.

This country is in distress when acts like this have become common-place.

Cheech Guest
    That city is just a few miles up the road from me. I understand the idea of freedom of speech however, they are in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and should respect the AMERICAN flag. I bet there would be a riot in Mexico if this were to happen there.
    Bigbossman what city is this? I used to live in Montebello right next to that high school

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Fuck them. They like it so much, take their sorry asses back across the Fucking border. I wish crabs on all of them.

Whitewolf is offline Hard Of Hearing Non-LEO
    I've seen those pics. It's turning my stomach up-side down. My kids' dad is Mexican but he respects a lot of our USA flag. He got pissed off at some ppl who turned our USA flags upside down. I got pissed off one time I went to college and someone ripped the USA flag sticker off my car and slapped the Mexican flag sticker on it. Sucks!

Now I'm NOT going to stay home with my family on May 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're going to schools, we're going to work, and buy things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I SEE NEKKED PEOPLE! AIN'T SKEERED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 06AccordLX
    Bigbossman what city is this? I used to live in Montebello right next to that high school
    Montebello used to be nice area until NOT. I hate some kids who string-sprayed my vehicle in 1994. Phhhftttt!

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Not yet I haven't. Are they really saying it should be part of Mexico?
    Yes. And at one time it actually was part of Mexico. Mexico declared it's independence from Spain in 1821 and assumed California as a provice. There they promptly broke up all of the missions into large rancheros, appointed a bunch of wealthy people to run these rancheros with the use of Native Americans as a type of servant and appointed a governor.

Then the Mexican War comes along and the United States gains a huge portion of the South West.

The war formally ended on February 2, 1848, with the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. In the treaty, the United States agreed to pay Mexico $15 million and to assume unpaid claims against Mexico. For its part, Mexico agreed to transfer to the United States more than 525,000 square miles of land. From this vast area would come the future states of California, Nevada, and Utah, most of Arizona and New Mexico, and parts of Colorado and Wyoming.
    From http://www.californiahistory.net/ran...e_mexamwar.htm

At least the United States paid for it.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    There they promptly broke up all of the missions into large rancheros, appointed a bunch of wealthy people to run these rancheros with the use of Native Americans as a type of servant and appointed a governor.
    ARghhhh...they made my ancestors into slaves to their likings. But I'm glad they haven't a chance to destroy our precious native languages. Too late for Mexican Natives whose ancestors lost the native tongue in Mexico. It was sad. They speak Spanish since their ancestors were in captives or murdered and later adopted by Spanish ppl (the history isn't telling the truth, a tongue does). But here, every tribal member (except a few who like to learn) do not speak Spanish from north California to south California despite their last names are in Spanish. Should I be glad that the US won the California so my ppl can live in peace and harmony and no longer slaves. I still have the book abt Struggling in California. It still pains us. We still get insult from time to time from some ppl around here who think me MUST speak Spanish. <sigh> Do I look Spanish/Mexican to them? I'm a Cherokee (Tsalagi), jeez. Phffft!

Thread Information