Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Steven Seagal helped Anderson Silva with KO front kick

Action film star Steven Seagal accompanied UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva to the Octagon at UFC 126 on Saturday night before Silva knocked Vitor Belfort out with a highlight reel front kick. Seagal was not just there for star power. According to Silva, he learned the kick from Seagal.
    "Steven Seagal helped me perfect that kick. That was a kick we were working on before I stepped in," Silva said through a translator at the post-fight press conference. "This was a kick that I trained a lot."
    Seagal is known for the movies "Above the Law" and "Out for Justice," but he's also an accomplished martial artist, holding a black belt in aikido, a Japanese martial art, that he earned in Japan. His prowess has helped Silva become Yahoo! Sports' second-ranked pound-for-pound fighter in MMA.

Steven Seagal helped Anderson Silva with KO front kick - Cagewriter - UFC* - Yahoo! Sports

Well alrighty then.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    If Seagal had simply said it out of the blue, I may not have believed it. However, since Silva gave him the credit, sound legit.

Up until the whole "mafia" forcing him to do movies stuff, he was pretty bad a$$. He's a rediculous level of instructor in martial arts, and he's recognized by his religion as a priest of such high level, that the religion's followers believe his soul can leave his body at will and go into any living creature he wants.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You just cannot take it away from Seagal. Many have tried and failed. He is who he is, and he knows what he knows. Perhaps it is a valid criticism of him that he "went Hollywood", but such could also be said of Chuck Norris, Joe Hyams, Ron VanClief, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Bruce Lee.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    While I respect the guy, I hated his show!

Thread Information