Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Governor wants to kill pill mill database

Gov. Rick Scott has proposed abolishing a long-awaited computer database that would track every Florida prescription for narcotic drugs, the state's main weapon against pill mills.

Documents accompanying Scott's budget proposal Monday ask the Legislature to repeal a 2009 law that approved the database. The database was set to start Dec. 1 but is stalled by a protest from an unsuccessful bidder.

Pain clinics: Governor wants to kill pill mill database - OrlandoSentinel.com

From what reports I've heard on this, this system is funded privately, not using any taxpayers' money.

We have a similar database in Ohio and its a great tool. I don't see how he can claim this isn't working, especially when according to this article it hasn't even been started yet.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

tweakerseeker is offline Hunter of Men
    Verified LEO
    We have something similar in Alabama and it is a GREAT tool! We have made a lot of cases on doctor shoppers with it.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakerseeker View Post
    We have something similar in Alabama and it is a GREAT tool! We have made a lot of cases on doctor shoppers with it.
    "Tweakerseeker will rant, 'can't kill the pill mill database craze, it hit on thugs and drugs!..... "

Thread Information